• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four annual 5- How many out there

8 posts in this topic

I just purchased a small collection and found 2 VF FF annual 5s, with the first Surfer solo story. It got me to wondering how many of these books might exist in this or better shape. I'm not talking about the Cgc census but a guesstimate from serious Silver collectors. I have a CGC thats a 8.5 and 2 other real nice raw copies. Do you think under 100 of these exist? Or under 500? Thanks laugh.gif

I would say there are thousands out there in total. How many in high grade is harder to predict, but as its a later 60's book there are probably a decent amount, probably hundreds at least.

Try finding a high grade special 6. I think many of these in hg are already tied up in collections. I agree, there are probably thousands of this issues out there, how many NM+'s and up are out there, my guess, under 6.

He was referring to Annual (Special) #6, not #5. I've not seen one above 9.0 yet in a slab, although I'm sure there are FAR more NMs of this issue unslabbed than slabbed.

When I bought my first Ann 6 frm Joe Koch about 1987 He had several dozen of them to choose from and he genhad only a portion of his stock at the warehouse in Brooklyn. With the scarcity of HG copies and the intro of Franklin, I have thought this was a real sleeper investment.