• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX directed by Simon Kinberg (11/2/18)
4 4

1,323 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

If you love McAvoy and Fassbender, maybe? Even that didn't drag me to the theaters to see any of the last 3-4 X-Men movies.

That is part of the wrap-up for me. Seeing these two actors send off their characters before integrating them into the much larger MCU portfolio.

Plus, that Trailer #3 looks really interesting to me.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

That is part of the wrap-up for me. Seeing these two actors send off their characters before integrating them into the much larger MCU portfolio.

Plus, that Trailer #3 looks really interesting to me.

The only X-Men movie that has re-watch value for me is Logan.

With how they did Apocalypse, and did nothing with Sinister, the X-Men franchise is already dead to me.

With Endgame, and Far From Home, and Godzilla, and other great-looking movies upcoming, I can't justify considering buying tickets for this.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

With how they did Apocalypse, and did nothing with Sinister, the X-Men franchise is already dead to me.

With Endgame, and Far From Home, and Godzilla, and other great-looking movies upcoming, I can't justify considering buying tickets for this.

I love rewatching Deadpool from time-to-time (though an extremely simple -script), X2, First Class and Days of Future Past and yes, Logan. Such great movies.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I love rewatching Deadpool from time-to-time (though an extremely simple --script), X2, First Class and Days of Future Past and yes, Logan. Such great movies.

I wasn't thinking about Deadpool for some reason. It has good re-watch value for being a great comedy (like Anchorman and Dodgeball).

12 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I wasn't thinking about Deadpool for some reason. It has good re-watch value for being a great comedy (like Anchorman and Dodgeball).

i can't help but laugh watching Deadpool. So well worth the rewatch. That entire Colossus conversation is so great.

And with Deadpool 2, the Juggernaut fight with Colossus is wildly fun.

Something that just popped into my head -- As per the trailers, if Jean doesn't get bestowed with her Phoenix power until flying into space in The Last Stand 2, then why does she get a bit Phoenixy at the end of Apocalypse? 

Obvious answer is that its just more BS from Fox, but still, doesn't anyone compare notes these days?

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Something that just popped into my head -- As per the trailers, if Jean doesn't get bestowed with her Phoenix power until flying into space in The Last Stand 2, then why does she get a bit Phoenixy at the end of Apocalypse? 

Obvious answer is that its just more BS from Fox, but still, doesn't anyone compare notes these days?

You answered your own question.

Which is: No.

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

Don't beat me up too much but I thought Logan was awful.  Full disclosure, I understand what the movie was supposed to be opposed to what it wasn't trying to be however I was just flat out bored with it.  It reminded me of the movie Hook after awhile and it grew tiresome as things progressed.  Again, I know perfectly well what the movie wasn't but unfortunately it just doesn't deserve a rewatch in my book.

Edited by sagekilz

9 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Don't beat me up too much but I thought Logan was awful.

Request denied.  Lunacy of this magnitude must be driven out of the collective unconscious, and it shall be.  :sumo:

pitchforks.gif

16 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Don't beat me up too much but I thought Logan was awful.  Full disclosure, I understand what the movie was supposed to be opposed to what it wasn't trying to be however I was just flat out bored with it.  It reminded me of the movie Hook after awhile and it grew tiresome as things progressed.  Again, I know perfectly well what the movie wasn't but unfortunately it just doesn't deserve a rewatch in my book.

Blasphemy...

10 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Everything about Logan is so good that I can't even comprehend how someone could think it's awful.

My mind hasn't been this blown in awhile. Even my dad cried watching that movie.

I've never bothered to see Logan as the contrived death and screaming little Wolverina held no appeal for me, but if I did subject myself to a viewing I'm pretty sure I'd agree with @sagekilz.

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

I've never bothered to see Logan as the contrived death and screaming little Wolverina held no appeal for me, but if I did subject myself to a viewing I'm pretty sure I'd agree with @sagekilz.

You've made a grave mistake...

Go sit in a corner and think about what you've done.

8 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

You never saw Logan? Man, that is a lot of dislike you walk around with. :insane:

Seriously, your loss. Even the engagement with X-23 when she goes full feral are amazingly well done.

Logan is by far the best of the Fox efforts.  First Class is second.  None of the others come close to those two, although Days of Future Past is a fine film.  The first two X-Men films are good but not great.

10 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Yes, until she was force fed into the role of Wolverine during Axel Alonso's reign of terror.  Hence, Wolverina. 

You just don't like her because she's a strong woman.

One might say.

I'm not saying that.

You're just insane for preemptively disliking a great movie.

You're crazy, man.

Don't shoot yourself in the neck with a tranq dart gun.

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

You never saw Logan? Man, that is a lot of dislike you walk around with. :insane:

Seriously, your loss. Even the engagement with X-23 when she goes full feral are amazingly well done.

Disinterest != Dislike

I offer no opinion on Logan's merits, whereas I'd write you a dissertation on why I hated The Last Jedi.