• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX directed by Simon Kinberg (11/2/18)
4 4

1,323 posts in this topic

Wow.  :boo:. The train didn't just jump the tracks, the cargo exploded immediately upon impact. :whatthe: The reviews are so bad I had to scroll back to the top of the Rotten Tomatoes page to make sure I hadn't accidentally clicked on a DC movie. :ohnoez:

This may be the only Marvel movie besides 2015 Fantastic Four that I skip entirely.

Edited by fantastic_four

I just noticed that Simon Kinberg didn't just write this film, but he also wrote the previous Fox telling of the Dark Phoenix tale in "The Last Stand."  He also wrote the 2015 Fantastic Four film.

Wonder if he's ever been asked about what he wanted to do differently with Dark Phoenix the second time around?

WOW! Grace Randolph was so against Dark Phoenix as a big Disney fan, she had predicted it would never be allowed to play. Yet she at least considered it okay, and actually enjoyed Sophie Turner's performance.

:whatthe:

I have no idea who actually made the call about whether or not to release the film after Disney acquired Fox, but I prefer to assume that Feige wanted it out there right after Captain Marvel and Endgame to remind everyone why he's the king.  (worship)

Collider actually felt it was an okay X-Men movie. :whatthe:

Sophie Turner's performance actually stood out. Overall, 6.0-7.0/10.0 and left feeling how they love the X-Men.

3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Told you so...

What? That for all the negative, there are surprising positives mixed in all these reviews?

Grace Randolph swore July-2018 Disney would never let this mess come out. Now she notes it is worth watching, though troubled.

Collider - hardcore MCU supporters - notes this is worth seeing, though troubled.

Yup! You told us. (: