• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about fading inks

3 posts in this topic

So I just received this Strangers in Paradise page that I purchased from Terry Moore's website. I love the page, but I didn't realize from the scan on his site that some of the linework on the fourth panel is fading to yellow/brown. I don't have any first hand experience with this sort of fading (I assume this was done with a sharpie?), so I was wondering what my expectations should be. Is this the extent of the fading? Or will this panel more or less disappear within a number of years? Can I assume that anything that hasn't started fading at this point is good for the long haul?

there are no hard and fast rules, but how old is the page? If the page is 20 or 30 years old, then it might be to assume that any additional fading would be minimal. I would keep it out of light though (even UV glass won't protect it). If the page is only a year old, then it's safe to assume that it might continue to fade.

Malvin