• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Catman

49 posts in this topic

Catman Comics # 29, L.B. Cole.

catman29.jpg

I should note, the earlier covers were all Charles Quinlan who was the original artist for most of the Catman Comics, and many other Holyoke/Contnental titles.

Do you always pick "easy" titles to complete? poke2.gif

Wonderful to see these all togethers, FM!

Good Luck at San Diego!

Do you always pick "easy" titles to complete? poke2.gif

Wonderful to see these all togethers, FM!

Good Luck at San Diego!

You should see my want list, it's got a little of everything (which is good, because there isn't always what you want at a con). thumbsup2.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Catman #31 - one of the top 5 L.B. Cole covers IMHO. This is one of the few HG GA books I own - the only notable flaw is a small ncb crease at the bottom right.

801182-catman31.jpg

takeit.gif Man, that's a bright looking copy of that book! Are the pages as nice?

Gotta agree with you on the quality of that cover. I love the old-fashioned masculine image of Catman protecting Kitten from the wolves.

Another Cole top 5 cover. This copy has $17.50 in pencil on the top of the back cover - I can only wish that I paid so little. I know HG collectors probably hate such price markings, but I always thought they were kind of neat - a bit of price history so to speak - plus it's the way I priced all my books for resale as a kid 30 years ago.

801195-catman32.jpg

801195-catman32.jpg.482b26cd2bc5e6f8d3a986d8506bab95.jpg