• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Book is back from CGC!! PGM Action 101

29 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Just wanted to share, had it listed on the boards at $450 for a couple days with no takers.  Then with a 15% reduction still not takers.  Listed on the bay for $550 and it sold within 24hrs at that price.... 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302418142436?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

BOARDIES! (tsk)

2 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

I just think they are allergic to purple.

But, there's a lotta flippers here!!  they can FLIP!!!!  book might have sold for even more than $550 on ebay!!!!

3 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

Just wanted to share, had it listed on the boards at $450 for a couple days with no takers.  Then with a 15% reduction still not takers.  Listed on the bay for $550 and it sold within 24hrs at that price.... 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302418142436?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

i hear that a lot.... there is only about 1/10th of  1% of boardies compared to comic collectors on eBay

On 8/21/2017 at 4:45 PM, MustEatBrains said:

This has happened to me before too... lol 

On 8/11/2017 at 2:53 PM, Hat Trick66 said:

Restoration includes..."cover cleaned." I thought getting a comic dry cleaned wasn't considered restoration? Unless this is a different type of cleaning? New to the forums, someone please kindly educate me on that.

Follow up question, what traces/ proof does a 'cleaning' leave on a cover that CGC can tell the cleaning has been done?

On 8/11/2017 at 2:58 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I believe that cleaning has been done throughout the years, the only thing that I can think of is there is now an "approved" method, as opposed to a long time ago when there might have been harmful chemicals used.....

No, a "cover cleaned" designation means the book has been chemically cleaned (eg. "wet cleaned"). This always results in a restored label.

A book that's been dry cleaned won't get a restored label - and it won't be noted on the cover either (because it's impossible to detect if done correctly).