• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed up

158 posts in this topic

I bought the first 10 issues of Defenders (pretty sure from same collection as these) last week from Bio Rupp and they are just as he described them - all VF to NM overall eye appeal, and individual books grading out 6.5 to 9.2 no problem. Awesome stuff, Bio Rupp, will add this comment to your kudos thread, thank you.

I bought the first 10 issues of Defenders (pretty sure from same collection as these) last week from Bio Rupp and they are just as he described them - all VF to NM overall eye appeal, and individual books grading out 6.5 to 9.2 no problem. Awesome stuff, Bio Rupp, will add this comment to your kudos thread, thank you.

Hey Greg :hi:

These are from the same collection as those... and I'm very glad you like them. :D

That issue #2 was the only outliner in that run I thought... that black cover on that one just kills higher grade copies :(

Hope to hear from you soon buddy :foryou:

xxx ooo

Rupp

DEFENDERS # 50 - GLOSSY VF/NM COPY - $8

FANTASTIC 50TH ISSUE with GIFFEN PENCILS AND INKS.

And you know what... it looks like Keith stole the ink bucket from Klaus.

That said, the two page centerfold spread was pretty awesome ;D

SOLD VIA PM

3%20dollar%20sale%20040_zpsi6lry5vv.jpg

IMG_20170118_134940238_zpszlgqb4rv.jpg

Got run a few errands kids and will be back later to post the next 50 or so issues.

This was a campy run for sure. The only way to compare it would be that the Avengers were the Indiana Jones of Marvel's super teams... and the Defenders was it's Allan Quatermain. This stuff was pure cheese lol We loved it though :D

DEFENDERS # 55 - GLOSSY NM MINUS COPY - $5

LUNITIC CAMEO / 2ND APP

Just like with every single Marvel book he touched in the mid to late 70's, Carmine Infantino ruined another title with his art style. Let's see, 70's books turned to excrement by Carmine: Nova? Check. Star Wars? Check. Human Fly? Check. Geez.

3%20dollar%20sale%20045_zpssyht3grg.jpg

DEFENDERS # 63 - GLOSSY NM MINUS COPY - $5

Cheesy C-level hero cover. Black Goliath, Human Torpedo, Stingray with more C-level goodness inside. Jack of Hearts, White Tiger etc. It can't get any better than this... well unless Carmine snuck a page in I didn't see ;)

SOLD VIA PM

3%20dollar%20sale%20053_zpsuqd5hj8w.jpg