• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil 168 Question

20 posts in this topic

Is it normal for DD 168's to have printer smudges near the price box, middle of the spine and in the Spidey Box at the bottom? I just got in a cherry 168 from Kramerica and was wondering. Ive never had one before so i dont know. I looked at Greggy's 9.2 and it looks like his is the same as mine. ill get a scan up later, as Im kinda nervous to handle it. It looks to be a 9.4 for sure. 9.6 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I think that this one has a real shot at 9.6 893whatthe.gif i am actually kinda scared to take it out and scan it. How long does it take to get the collectors society cupons? I plan on joining and sending in it along with two other early Avengers.

Yeah, it's definitely a nice book and the trade worked out well for both of us. That book is a coin flip for sure. I guarantee the 9.4 though as it is impossible for it to come back under that. If it does get a 9.6 I would like royalties though as you'll sell it for 500.00. flowerred.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

That is a tough book man. I for sure thought mine would hit a 9.6. I have no idea what they degrade for on that issue, or what the deal is, but believe me I was rather shocked to find out mine was a 9.4.

Best to you though, a 9.6 would rock, as they are very hard to get on that book.

That is a tough book man. I for sure thought mine would hit a 9.6. I have no idea what they degrade for on that issue, or what the deal is, but believe me I was rather shocked to find out mine was a 9.4.

Best to you though, a 9.6 would rock, as they are very hard to get on that book.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

That explains a lot to me...this book is actually the only slab I own - a 7.5 which caused a good deal of head-scratching among me, the dealer, and some random dude standing next to us...I did think that the smudges might be the cause of the downgrade, but eventually noticed that the staples were discoloured, rather than "all shiny like". That has to be what dragged it down, because there are no spine stresses and sharp corners!

That explains a lot to me...this book is actually the only slab I own - a 7.5 which caused a good deal of head-scratching among me, the dealer, and some random dude standing next to us...I did think that the smudges might be the cause of the downgrade, but eventually noticed that the staples were discoloured, rather than "all shiny like". That has to be what dragged it down, because there are no spine stresses and sharp corners!

It's also a tough book, because what? there are thousands of them!!! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif The entire Miller Daredevil run is one of the most overblown and over-priced POS runs I have ever seen sumo.gif

(IMHO 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif)

Oh! I forgot my poke2.gif

168 is the only Miller DD I've actually read; I wasn't that impressed by this "legendary" story...art was great, story was nothing that hasn't been done better by others, before and since.

I liked the Director's Cut of the movie, though...which also did a better job (structurally) of DD's origin than DD #1.