• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Calgary Comic Expo (April 27-30)
2 2

338 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Fantastic Thor said:

Jeremy Rennner aka Hawkeye announced today ! 

Another signature for the thor poster !

I guess Renner is not special enough to sign your hard cover SOTI? I will be selling from the corner booth at BMO # 513-514. <3

On February 21, 2017 at 10:42 PM, aardvark88 said:

I guess Renner is not special enough to sign your hard cover SOTI? I will be selling from the corner booth at BMO # 513-514. <3

Corner booth?  Moving on up!!! :banana: 

Let me know if any vendors have figured out how to prepay for the 4 (or more) day discounted Expo parking pass. The online Exhibitor paperwork Section 6 recommends that you go to a link that strangely does not list Calgary expo as an event you can select in ??? April or May, 2017.

fyi, there will be an artist appearing all 4 days :foryou:

Spoiler
Spoiler

named Robert Bailey that charges a modest $25 for a good movie based sketch of your choice (e.g. Star Wars, Raiders Lost Ark, Aliens, Disney, etc.)

On Friday, March 03, 2017 at 9:22 PM, aardvark88 said:

Fantastic Thor:

OK, I will try to pleasure you with my funny books. Let's hope for a happy ending in Calgary. :wishluck:

815Ojr9.jpg

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Hmmm that strange mysteties looks nice .. I have one .. but can always use an upgrade ...

1 hour ago, Fantastic Thor said:

Peter Capaldi and Kevin smith ! Also doing jay and silent bob get old on Saturday night !

Do we have to pay extra to watch their stage show or just line up early enough to get into the rink? :whee:

On 2017-03-04 at 0:22 AM, aardvark88 said:

Fantastic Thor:

OK, I will try to pleasure you with my funny books. Let's hope for a happy ending in Calgary. :wishluck:

815Ojr9.jpg

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Oh boy. I will see you early sir! 

hmm, just noticed that there are a few 10' x 10' non-corner booths ($835 with tax) left in the media guests halls D, E which connects to the main comicon halls A, B, C via the wide aisle way. Location may be a bit better than the detached Big 4 Building for those vendors currently way out there. :tink:

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

Any market report from the one day Red and White con in Calgary? 3 of the biggest comic vendors abandoned the local Vancouver small con to drive up there for the weekend.

Also how is the snow? This is Vancouver 7 days ago:

m27cFxnl.jpg

Edited by aardvark88
problems inserting pic.

Snow? Where is the stinking white stuff...? ?  Nope! This weekend NO snow on ground today and yesterday. I hope this is the last time I see that. Spring, bring it in! :banana:

17 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Any market report from the one day Red and White con in Calgary? 3 of the biggest comic vendors abandoned the local Vancouver small con to drive up there for the weekend.

Also how is the snow? This is Vancouver 7 days ago:

m27cFxnl.jpg

The Red & White show yesterday was okay. Lots of people but spending was light. Dave and Karl sold a GCS #1 variant for decent $$$ (9.8 potential), but that was the biggest single book sale the four of us had. In the end all of the small sales added up for a decent one-day show. I don't know if it would have made sense to travel from Vancouver/Victoria for it. 

Last weekend was better at the Edmonton Collector Con. The economy has not been hit as badly up here and it showed in the sales.

Teardown was interesting yesterday as well. Someone found a couple of panhandlers in the parking lot to help take down their wall racks:

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0239.thumb.JPG.2f548d70a3a1185205ab8acece7afc90.JPG

Edited by kimik

On 3/3/2017 at 9:22 PM, aardvark88 said:

Fantastic Thor:

815Ojr9.jpg

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

What shape is your SC #22 in? 

kimik,

I will need some help setting up my 3 comic wall racks at Calgary expo (I was moved to booth #2022), thus I will trade Youngblood #1's, Legends of the Dark Knight #1's and Valiant  Turok #1's to retired Canada Posties to help me :slapfight: set up and break down. Thanks for the lead and pics !

4 hours ago, kimik said:

The Red & White show yesterday was okay. Lots of people but spending was light. Dave and Karl sold a GCS #1 variant for decent $$$ (9.8 potential), but that was the biggest single book sale the four of us had. In the end all of the small sales added up for a decent one-day show. I don't know if it would have made sense to travel from Vancouver/Victoria for it. 

Last weekend was better at the Edmonton Collector Con. The economy has not been hit as badly up here and it showed in the sales.

Teardown was interesting yesterday as well. Someone found a couple of panhandlers in the parking lot to help take down their wall racks:

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0239.thumb.JPG.2f548d70a3a1185205ab8acece7afc90.JPG

Hahahah! lol