• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Calgary Comic Expo (April 27-30)
2 2

338 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Fantastic Thor said:

Thanks for the excellent point Carl 

And Craig Button definitely paid for that contract in the end as well. lol

That signing was just as bad as some of the recent MacT deals in Edmonton. Ference, Fayne, Pouliot...... the list goes on. lol 

Edited by kimik

14 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Fan fave Patrick Warburton (The Tick, Seinfeld) :x will be signing Sat. and Sun. Think I will have a Calgary Expo Thurs. half price promo on Todd's Amazing Spider-man: Skating on Thin Ice #1 1st printing, Canadian edition at $5 for the 1st 10 collectors.

We are all going to have to dig out all of the McSpidey related stuff that we have now. The downside is it will take a lot of time sifting through all of the dollar box stock, but on the flip side it will mean you can get $5+ for books instead of having them sit for years. lol

I am debating how high to go with McSpidey #1s and Spawn #1s. I will likely raise prices as the show goes. Raw Spawn #1s already move well at $25 - $30 for accurately graded NM. I wonder if $50 would be out of reach with McFarlane signing here? hm

22 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

How much will greggy charge per hour to line up for Todd sigs rather than napping at Forest City Andy's spacious comics booth? :tink:

Will we be having a Keg steak night Cgc forum meet and greet on Fri or Sat??

cVnkRivl.jpg

The napping doesn't happen at Forest City booth, it takes place right in mine:

CalgaryExpo2013646_zpsc735b339.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

Just now, joeypost said:

This show cannot get here fast enough. 

I should probably book a hotel room and get a pass.  :tonofbricks:

1 minute ago, joeypost said:

This show cannot get here fast enough. 

Does this mean Calgary Expo is your favorite show in all of Canada?? greggy will awake from his hibernation by then and be re-energized. :idea:

25 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Does this mean Calgary Expo is your favorite show in all of Canada?? greggy will awake from his hibernation by then and be re-energized. :idea:

It really is.  Even if I didn't buy a single comic the show is a must for me.  Great boardies, great city and I get my years fill of talking hockey. Ever try talking hockey to someone carrying a surfboard?  Not easy...not easy.

1 minute ago, joeypost said:

It really is.  Even if I didn't buy a single comic the show is a must for me.  Great boardies, great city and I get my years fill of talking hockey. Ever try talking hockey to someone carrying a surfboard?  Not easy...not easy.

That and I don't ever remember getting locked out of the show for hours, while the fire Marshall tries to get people to exit the building. 

Edited by joeypost

3 hours ago, joeypost said:

3 hours ago, joeypost said:

That and I don't ever remember getting locked out of the show for hours, while the fire Marshall tries to get people to exit the building. 

That typically only happens at Fan Expo Toronto. :preach: 

Wow. Stan Lee added now? That should help to drive sales on dead SA Marvels like Fantastic Four..........

This is shaping up to be a fun convention. Between TMc and Stan Lee, there should be healthier sales than last year for dealers with accurately graded and reasonably priced books...........

Edited by kimik

18 minutes ago, kimik said:

Wow. Stan Lee added now? That should help to drive sales on dead SA Marvels like Fantastic Four..........

This is shaping up to be a fun convention. Between TMc and Stan Lee, there should be healthier sales than last year for dealers with accurately graded and reasonably priced books...........

Well, then you're out. :baiting: