• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Calgary Comic Expo (April 27-30)
2 2

338 posts in this topic

On 2017-04-04 at 1:49 PM, greggy said:

Todd normally won't charge at conventions but there will be a limit.

You can't get your books CGC'd at conventions, only at his annual or semi-annual private signings.

Line up will still be long regardless.

Who's to stop someone from walking up and meet Todd, with his CGC rep beside him or watching from a distance, and then get his comic signed? With the rep watching, it could be subbed Sig Series later. No?

7 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Anyone recall when the last time Todd McFarlane was signing at either Calgary or Edmonton Expos? I expect a Todd frenzy :whatthe: at Calgary Expo. Don't think Todd has even been to a Vancouver comic-con in over 25 years even though he and his wife lived in the suburbs for over 4 years.

I have a feeling it's going to be a monster show because of this. (thumbsu such great news!!

Just now, thirdgreenham said:

Who's to stop someone from walking up and meet Todd, with his CGC rep beside him or watching from a distance, and then get his comic signed? With the rep watching, it could be subbed Sig Series later. No?

No, CGC will only SS books that are signed during the planned events.

Unless the witness or the facilitator is going to hold it for ages and act like it was signed during the official signings, they won't SS it.  Just believe me, dumbarse.

From what I remember, last time Todd McFarlane was at a 2 day Edmonton comicon was about 30 years ago. Last Todd McF and Rob Liefeld signing in Pacific Northwest small con south of Seattle, WA but north of Tacoma, WA was about 25 years ago. Think Todd McF did 2 comic store signings in the Vancouver, BC area about 25 years ago, thus Calgary Expo will be a Monster show. :martini:

10 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

From what I remember, last time Todd McFarlane was at a 2 day Edmonton comicon was about 30 years ago. Last Todd McF and Rob Liefeld signing in Pacific Northwest small con south of Seattle, WA but north of Tacoma, WA was about 25 years ago. Think Todd McF did 2 comic store signings in the Vancouver, BC area about 25 years ago, thus Calgary Expo will be a Monster show. :martini:

:wishluck:

1 hour ago, greggy said:

No, CGC will only SS books that are signed during the planned events.

Unless the witness or the facilitator is going to hold it for ages and act like it was signed during the official signings, they won't SS it.  Just believe me, dumbarse.

I will give way to the bigger dumbarse. 

Todd was in calgary 15 years ago doing a PR event for the CFLPA and a bike shop as well. 

The CFLPA line up at the stadium was a good 40 yards long . This was when he took his time for signatures . He also wasn't limiting people at that time . Was an insane line for sure . However I remember him being real nice and chatty . 

He did a radio at a bike shop where the line up had zero people in it ;)

Edited by Fantastic Thor

Todd also did a signing in Edmonton at Northlands when he designed that gear logo for the oilers when he was one of the owners in that ownership group that worked hard to keep the Oilers in Edmonton.

On 4/5/2017 at 5:38 AM, thirdgreenham said:

...and saying hi to Andy @ Forest City Coins. :preach: 

............if Andy is actually in his booth. If not, swing around the corner and say hi to us.

Edited by kimik

6 hours ago, kimik said:

On 2017-04-05 at 7:38 AM, thirdgreenham said:

...and saying hi to Andy @ Forest City Coins. :preach: 

............if Andy is actually in his booth. If not, swing around the corner and say hi to us.

Edited 6 hours ago by kimik

:shy: