• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Galactus

18 posts in this topic

Where does Galactus go to the bathroom after he's done eating a galaxy?

It's just a planet.

Either way I wouldn't want to go into his bathroom until it airs out for a least a month!

poke2.gif

....I know this one,....it's...to the dump,..to the dump,...to the dump,dump,dump,......

In a Black Hole? confused-smiley-013.gif

That would give a new reason to avoid the darn things. Maybe all that gravity is being caused by the swirling action. Since space is obviously not limited to whether it is above or below the earth's equator, maybe Black Holes are located along the Universe equator and can't swirl clockwise or counter-clockwise...instead they thusly create the infinite sucking action that is a black hole.

Ya never know. Hey, the top brains of the world once thought that the earth was flat. Maybe black holes are simply the toilets of the universe and we just don't know it yet.

Getting back on subject, kinda...Therefore, Galactus's true role in the Marvel Universe is to fill these Black Hole Crappers with enought raw materials(planets) to keep them from destroying the entire Universe. Let's see a retcon of the "Last Galactus Story" based on this premise. 27_laughing.gif

In a Black Hole? confused-smiley-013.gif

That would give a new reason to avoid the darn things. Maybe all that gravity is being caused by the swirling action. Since space is obviously not limited to whether it is above or below the earth's equator, maybe Black Holes are located along the Universe equator and can't swirl clockwise or counter-clockwise...instead they thusly create the infinite sucking action that is a black hole.

Ya never know. Hey, the top brains of the world once thought that the earth was flat. Maybe black holes are simply the toilets of the universe and we just don't know it yet.

Getting back on subject, kinda...Therefore, Galactus's true role in the Marvel Universe is to fill these Black Hole Crappers with enought raw materials(planets) to keep them from destroying the entire Universe. Let's see a retcon of the "Last Galactus Story" based on this premise. 27_laughing.gif

Whoa! too much thought on that subject!

But funny to think about...

Scientific definition:

Black Hole = Universal Toilet 27_laughing.gif

Or, you know what else works?

In the newest Marvel Legends series you can assemble a Galactus figure that is fairly large; I don't know how many inches though. But it looks really cool if you are able to find a Silver Surfer Heroclix to put in his hand. It looks great; the scale works out perfectly.

Did Byrne ever finish the Last Galactus Story? I remember riding my bike like 12 miles to the only shop around that carried Epic back then. I did that twice, and I think I have a third installment, but I seem to remember reading that the story was never completed, or at least never published, once Epic folded. Anyone know?

Of all places - I pulled this quote from the Heavy Metal website. I don't know why, it was just the 1st place to pop up on my search. Anyway....

"I can't seem to find the Epic Illustrated special that was supposed to have the conclusion to "The Last Galactus Story". Where can I find it?

A: Unfortunately even though this was advertised for sale in the last Epic issue, John Byrne went on to do other things and no longer had control over the Galactus story so the issue and story were never made. Since then many other things have happened in the Marvel universe that would cause continuity problems, so there may never be an ending to this story. But from an interview in 2000 by Comic Book Resources, here's how John said he originally planned to conclude this story:

"Galactus battles the Watcher who showed up at the end of the last published chapter.

This turns out to be the same Watcher who witnessed the "birth" of Galactus -

yes, that was not Uatu - and who has been driven insane by his guilt over all the deaths

that have happened because, as he sees it, he did not snuff out the nascent Galactus

when he had the chance. As the two battle, over millennia, the universe basically dies

around them. The stars burn out. No "Big Crunch" of everything collapsing back onto

itself to be born again. Entropy wins over all. As the universe verges on flickering out

of existence, Galactus draws into himself the last shreds of energy, giving him just

enough of an edge to defeat the rogue Watcher. But then Galactus and Nova are

alone in an empty, endless void. The universe as we know it is gone. Galactus finally

understands what it's all about. What he's been doing all these billions of years. He

cracks the seals on his armor, and all the energy he has absorbed spews out of

him. He becomes, effectively, the Big Bang of the next universe. Nova survives -

and herself becomes the "Galactus" of that universe, the cycle beginning once again."