• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink needs to clean up its database

16 posts in this topic

Hi, my name is David and I use ComicLink. Too much.

But they have all these obsolete books, and it's obvious. How is it obvious? Many books no longer have listing dates. Almost always, those books are no longer available and sellers don't respond to bids.

ComicLink could easily purge these books by running a -script to remove books that lack a public insertion date. To test this, they simply take a snapshot of their database (sans photos), test the -script, and boom, we know exactly which books are available.

Serious sellers who might be affected will relist their books, but all the garbage will be gone. The sales data isn't public anyway, and CLink would retain it.

It would make for a much better buyer/seller experience.

CLink, time to get rid of the false advertising!

Also, I love you. Why haven't you called me?

I think they're keeping them for a couple of reasons. First, the obsolete books give the appearance of them having a much larger selection than they really do. Second, they probably think its helping them with search rank. But they're actually hurting themselves by leaving stale content. By the looks of the site they're working with a decade old mentality of how a site should function.