• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Return of Wolvie?

57 posts in this topic

How about it WAS Wolverine but the molten adamantium that is poisoning him triggers some mutation and his bones and skin absorb it until he is a Wolverine JUGGERNAUT and walks like the Hulk leaving earthquakes and foot prints everywhere he goes because he is so heavy.....and thusly goes on another journey to have someone extract a certain amount of the adamantium to how he was before but debates removing it all, but comes to terms that people will hunt him to disrupt any attempt of a peaceful existence for the rest of his life-----and becomes the normal amount of Wolverine/adamantium that we all know and love----Wolverine the best there is :) ?

Take this story, add in asking Magneto to help a brother out Fatal Attractions-style, and you got your OG wolverine back without much problem.

Or Mags finds the "wolverine statue" & strips the adamantium off him in order for them to give him a proper burial to someone he respected & a rival and we discover an emaciated Wolverine that's still alive inside because the shear damage of the molten Adamantium hitting him in the first place jump-started his previously removed healing factor (full disclosure: I don't remember how they made him killable in the first place. I didn't read that volume of Wolverine cause I got tired of all the relaunches)

Maybe he's coated in generic adamantium that didn't really hold up as well as original adamantium. Times were tough and it was a little cheaper....got 3 out of 5 stars on google shop so didn't seem like a bad way to go at the time.

For F@k sakes, I knew it. Always comes down to money. Budget budget budget. Ugh.

Even super secret super-human manufacturing facilities like Department whatever or Weapons Plus or Weapon X run short on money. Especially when a certain someone is promising to slash budgets of government programs.

Maybe he's coated in generic adamantium that didn't really hold up as well as original adamantium. Times were tough and it was a little cheaper....got 3 out of 5 stars on google shop so didn't seem like a bad way to go at the time.

For F@k sakes, I knew it. Always comes down to money. Budget budget budget. Ugh.

Even super secret super-human manufacturing facilities like Department whatever or Weapons Plus or Weapon X run short on money. Especially when a certain someone is promising to slash budgets of government programs.

I heard there's a new rule that you have to eliminate two ultra secret black ops hidden spy agencies for every new one you create now. That's gotta play havoc with the budgets...

I heard there's a new rule that you have to eliminate two ultra secret black ops hidden spy agencies for every new one you create now. That's gotta play havoc with the budgets...

Certainly, but it's all about the vertical integration & reducing redundancy, right?

There will likely be a return soon for Wolverine, due to the fact that Fox and Marvel seem to be playing much more nicely now on the TV and movie fronts. It will not happen until the Old Man Logan movie glow dies down.

So Wolverines been gone for about 2 years now, and I've been having fun in my off time (waiting in lines, traffic, and pretending to listen to co-workers talk to me.) thinking up all the different ways Wolverine could return.So since i'm bored and the modern thread isn't helping, i'm hoping we can come up with some cool ideas!

So, lets look at facts. In Death of Wolverine, he is covered in molten adamantium which hardens around him. he has no healing factor (at the time of this) and the adamantium itself is poisoning him. So, Personally i think it's safe to say that however they do it, it will involve either clones, or time travel because that Logan is D.E.A.D..

I'm not sure if there is another Logan floating around from all of the time travel stuff that happened with the X-Men (Age of Ultron, All NewX-Men, the young ones i mean)

So my guesses are that Department K or whatever letter it is now, had taken wolverine and have him iced, winter soldier style, AND did successfully clone him (mostly) like they were trying to do with X-23. IF the dead Wolvie is a clone, it would be easy for them to say his healing factor failed because he was not complete or some cr@p, and would have died from adamantium killing him anyway unless they recovered him. I also think that this would give X-23 a chance to discover Logan (the real one) and free him again creating a symmetry or mirroring of events from when he found her. full disclosure I've only seen how he finds her from the Wolverine and the x-men cartoon and i'm not really sure how it actually happens.

I also think that this would/could possibly be used as a catalyst for the return of a more modern Alpha Flight or some version of that.

That's what I got. That's how I would do it. I mean, aside from not killing him in the first place.

your turn.

Easy:

MAGIC. This is not my idea, it was originally proposed

a little after his 'death' here on the boards. But I still like it.

Difference is in comic books money is no object oh wait the same applies to real life politicians. After all 20 trillion in debt hole is just a scratch right?

For a min I honestly thought you were referring to Justin Trudeau, then I was like, he he doesn't work for weapon H or whatever.

.....Or does he...

Question; Can Kitty phase through adamantium?

If so, couldn't she just grab him out of that tomb?

If I was her, I'd phase in, grab his wallet and phase out like a boss.

How about it WAS Wolverine but the molten adamantium that is poisoning him triggers some mutation and his bones and skin absorb it until he is a Wolverine JUGGERNAUT and walks like the Hulk leaving earthquakes and foot prints everywhere he goes because he is so heavy.....and thusly goes on another journey to have someone extract a certain amount of the adamantium to how he was before but debates removing it all, but comes to terms that people will hunt him to disrupt any attempt of a peaceful existence for the rest of his life-----and becomes the normal amount of Wolverine/adamantium that we all know and love----Wolverine the best there is :) ?

Take this story, add in asking Magneto to help a brother out Fatal Attractions-style, and you got your OG wolverine back without much problem.

Or Mags finds the "wolverine statue" & strips the adamantium off him in order for them to give him a proper burial to someone he respected & a rival and we discover an emaciated Wolverine that's still alive inside because the shear damage of the molten Adamantium hitting him in the first place jump-started his previously removed healing factor (full disclosure: I don't remember how they made him killable in the first place. I didn't read that volume of Wolverine cause I got tired of all the relaunches)

Omg I forget about magneto!!!

He could totally make a sweet lawn ornament outta that blob! With or without Wolverine inside. Preferably with.

Wolverine could snart (silmiltaniously sneeze and fart) cracking his adamantium tomb, and dance out of it like the looney tunes frog and it would be more believable than his comeback after crossing Nitro.

large.jpg