• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK edition vs REGULAR

44 posts in this topic

Let's face it - the value of a comic is determined almost entirely by psychology. And the psychology of buyers is that nostalgia is worth paying up for. Cents copies = more nostalgia for the predominant US buyers = more $$$. It's as simple as that.

As I said earlier, the US versions always bring much higher $$$ than the UK versions, I am not at all sure where comicmankev gets his mysterious values from.

I agree with Gene that the US versions hold a greater sentimental attachment for most collectors. When I said that the UK versions should be valued the same as their US counterparts, I was refering more to the fact that they are equaly as original/authentic.

he's had that avatar before for awhile, you need to lay off the crack grasshopper.

I was refering to Borg. I am well aware that Gene is a fan of the Gunners and my comment was meant in jest as I am a fan of their arch-rivals Spurs. grin.gif

Guess the scorers, Gene. Owen, Heskey, Gerrard.

Hmm, yes...if only they had scored a few more goals against the likes of domestic heavyweights like Crystal Palace blush.gif and European powerhouses like Basle tongue.gif , Liverpool might still be competing for the FA Cup and Champions League trophies! I guess the domestic title is out this year as well...but at least you can rest easy knowing the Worthington Cup is tucked safely away in a trophy cabinet at Anfield! wink.gif

- Gene

The only team that matters is Real Madrid.

The man has a fine point. The team contains the four best players in the world in their positions in Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo & Roberto Carlos. shocked.gif

The only team that matters is Real Madrid.

The man has a fine point. The team contains the four best players in the world in their positions in Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo & Roberto Carlos

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You forgot Raul.... who is better than Ronaldo and has been for the past three years.

I agree that Real is the best team in the world, but I still prefer to watch the mighty ARSENAL grin.gifgrin.gif

Henry, Bergkamp, Vierra,Kanu...what's not to love tongue.gifcool.gif

At least the prices on silver and early bronze were the same in Canada and the US, otherwise this issue would have been much more complex.

Thats very interesting to hear you say that but how much hard evidence do you have to support it?.

Well, as stated, contact www.comic-biz.com or www.comicana.com or anu UK dealer. Offer them a pence copy of something (without stating the price). They will reply one of two answers:

1) We don't buy pence copies

or

2) How much, but we pay less for pence copies!

Then contact any US dealer an they will not ask a question! See how it goes?

Then contact any US dealer an they will not ask a question! See how it goes?

I was refering to how much evidence you have that a UK version will get 90% of the guide value of a US version in the US.

Read all the comments above for the reasons why there is no way that is the case.

The only team that matters is Ajax.

I'm an Ajax fan as well...was in Amsterdam last month to see the clash at the ArenA with Feyenoord...I hope they go through tonight with Arsenal!

Gene

Ah...Ajax the team with the Fin on the Bench tongue.gif

No, seriously I used to really dislike them, couldn't stand Kluivert, The De Boer brothers etc...but the new team with all the under 21 year olds made a very positive impact on me... great expectations there..

WOHOO!!!

Ajax-AS Roma

35 seconds played... and Ajax scores 1-0

Watching live at the moment.

Chromium:dammit there's TWO Finns in Ajax and none of them is on bench. tongue.gif Litmanen is injured. frown.gif

Chromium:dammit there's TWO Finns in Ajax and none of them is on bench. Litmanen is injured.

====================

Injured ? Splinters in his from sitting on the bench ? blush.gifgrin.giftongue.gif

Arrrrrgh...this was the most painful result since losing the 1999 F.A. Cup semi-final versus United or losing to Leeds in the stretch run of the 1998-9 campaign to give United the treble... frown.gif

Playing the injured Vieira and Campbell and missing Cole, Keown and especially Seaman killed us...no way "Safe Hands" would have let in that second goal from Carew. Saw the match live at a packed Irish pub in the East Village...doesn't anybody in this city work anymore???

Good luck to Ajax...I'll even support United too if it'll keep the Champions League trophy out of Spain and Italy... shocked.gifblush.gif

Gene