• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modern Key, Thor 337, Part 2

6 posts in this topic

Go figure...

That Thor 337 9.8 that sold for over $160 a couple of weeks ago was ridiculously overpriced. Similarly, IMO, the 9.6 that Darth sold only a couple of months ago was also way overpriced at over $50. Now, it seems that the market has finally corrected itself:

I won a Thor 337 for my Simonson Set!!!

Ironically, this is the same copy of this coveted book (at least by me) I was looking at a couple of weeks ago, when I visited Hitman's store, Heroes and Legends in Wilmington DE. They had it there for $125.00. Guess I got a good bargain.

I wonder how much a 9.8 would sell for now, given this latest data. I have to think that it won't get $160 again....

I wonder how much a 9.8 would sell for now, given this latest data. I have to think that it won't get $160 again....

The more copies that show up the cheaper it will become. Its only an $8 book in NM after all.

The highest price of a CGC highest graded copy of a key/semi-key is often reached in the first sale (or at least in the first few sales). Just as we'll likely *never* see anyone pay $760 for a PPSS #1 CGC 9.8 ever again, I suspect that future sales of Thor #337 will likely fall short of the $160+ mark. However, there does seem to be enough demand out there for the next 2-3 copies to trade in the $100-$150 range. If the census ever hits 10 or more 9.8s, however, watch out - the price will sink faster than Thor's hammer in a swimming pool!!

Gene