• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Permanent Temporary Forum Thread

50 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Jerkfro said:

I have a feeling this is the new trend as message boards get converted more and more for the mobile user. 

You're seeing that more and more on all kinds of websites.  ESPN did a redesign a short time ago that seemed to be almost universally disliked, but it's much more friendly if you're looking at the site on the phone.

18 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Do you miss it? I miss it. I mean, this place is nice and all, but, you know, it's not temporary.

5 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

White Space.jpg

This.

Just now, Chadwick said:

um, no it's not.

I'm talking about the layout...  Using libs like bootstrap etc.  You can't do what they use to with nested tables etc.  I can't tell you how many times a requirement was pushed back because a responsive UI couldn't achieve what was asked.

The PMs are whack.  I think  you can search PMs and that would be great, but the way it's structured as a inbox is bleh. No customization of the layouts or colors?  No auto-goto first unread post?  My first reaction is that I hate it.

Weird, I was browsing this forum and all of the sudden, the song "Haters Gonna Hate" started playing on my speakers. I have no idea why. Maybe it was posted in a message and auto-started when my cursor went over the message and it gave me a preview, but still, it was weird how it came up without me clicking anything.

2 minutes ago, Doohickamabob said:

Weird, I was browsing this forum and all of the sudden, the song "Haters Gonna Hate" started playing on my speakers. I have no idea why. Maybe it was posted in a message and auto-started when my cursor went over the message and it gave me a preview, but still, it was weird how it came up without me clicking anything.

God, I hope there is no auto-play enabled.

11 minutes ago, Transplant said:

The PMs are whack.  I think  you can search PMs and that would be great, but the way it's structured as a inbox is bleh. No customization of the layouts or colors?  No auto-goto first unread post?  My first reaction is that I hate it.

I see some filters, but where do you see the PM search? That would be very helpful functionality actually. 

2 minutes ago, october said:

I see some filters, but where do you see the PM search? That would be very helpful functionality actually. 

Go to the inbox.  There is a search box below the inbox.  No idea if it works.

Just now, F For Fake said:

Ok, I gotta figure out how quotes work, apparently...

Ok, there it is, why didn't that work last time? Sorry folks, we're all learning here.