• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official New Forum Software Feedback Thread

12 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Transplant said:

The PMs are whack.  I think  you can search PMs and that would be great, but the way it's structured as a inbox is bleh. No customization of the layouts or colors?  No auto-goto first unread post?  My first reaction is that I hate it.

Auto-goto first unread post can be accessed by clicking the bullet or star to the left of the topic.

38 minutes ago, Transplant said:

Custom titles are cut off if they're too long. 

I think once some of the kinks are out, it will work pretty well.

Most of our issues are we are used to this working a certain way. Some of those features or formatting is not up yet or we do not have an understanding of them.

Once all that is fixed or cleared up, it should be a pretty good message board.

My criticism though is part of the reason this was done was to make it easier to read on smartphones. Problem is that black CGC banner at the top takes up about 1/3 of a smartphone screen. That needs to be much, MUCH, smaller.

I wish there wasn't so much white space. Ugh! Maybe coming up with something not so bright. Holy eye strain Batman.

Maybe a side panel showing whats happening in other threads.