• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art Day: My 1st Bernie Wrightson piece!
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Just updated a new piece I got in. It's my very first piece by Bernie Wrightson. I've been wanting something published by him for some time, but he's not exactly an "inexpensive acquire." On top of that, he just recently announced his retirement from drawing, due to health reasons. That makes my obtaining this piece a little bittersweet. So, go on and check it out (along with the little write-up did for it, partly praising Wrightson). I think you all will enjoy it (and be sure to let me know what you think, either there or here):

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1373111

6 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

Grats on the pickup!  (thumbs u

Thanks. :) It's something I've been meaning to do for some time, so I'm glad I was finally able to get a Bernie piece. With the announcement of his retiring, I don't see prices getting any less expensive for his work. So, I'm glad I grabbed this when I did.

Edited by Meeley Man

25 minutes ago, Kohei said:

Grats! He's a grail piece maker for many of us I'm sure.

Thanks. :D Yeah, it's one of the reasons I've really wanted something by him. he's one of those artists that, if you don't have something by them in you collection,  you don't feel like a true comic art collector. So, I guess I have finally arrived! ;) 

2 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Cool!  Love Bernie.  Great guy.  Hope he is feeling better.  Would love to own a Swamp Thing sketch.  

Thanks. :) His retiring is what lit the fire under me to get something by him. Glad that the serendipity of fate helped me do just that. :cool: 

Edited by Meeley Man