• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age book with a large chunk out of back cover

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys I'm looking at possibly picking up a nice silver age Flash key for my collection and wondering what a chunk of missing back cover could max grade at if the front cover is in good shape. Staples are fine and cover is attached. Minimal wear on spine. Without the chunk out I'd say the book could press out to maybe a 5.0. The back cover is throwing me off. Thanks for any input.

cover-back.jpg

Edited by Couchy81

4 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I have a double cover modern where the outer cover is missing about 1/6 of the back cover.  The outer cover got a 2.0, if that's any help.

Thanks. So 2.0 should be a hard cap then for that size.

9 hours ago, Columbia Comics said:

you should save your money and buy a copy with all the back cover

just sayin...

Yea I could... I'm putting together a low grade set of silver Flash keys. I do have other options I'm still considering them all.

44 minutes ago, Chadwick said:

Front cover?

Sorry it's not a good pic, snapped it quickly at the store on the way home from work last night while grabbing my pulls for the week. New OO set came in a couple weeks ago, about 20 books total in the set ranging from 106-150ish, most looked low-mid grade. maybe a fine or two in there i didn't have time to inspect them closely, gotta go back this weekend.

The #106 is the book I posted about. The rest have their covers.

IMAG0871-2.jpg