• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless Golden Record Reprint

18 posts in this topic

CGC just told me on my submission form that it is a GRR Variant, but just don't see it. My original FF looks the same and has the same white space in the smoke, where the GRR is filled in. Any further clarification? Hoping CGC just made a mistake. 

I'm pretty sure they're wrong.  That ad on the last page also matches my FF #1, and I'm 97.3% certain that ad is not in the GRR.  Unfortunately my grrs of FF #1 are all slabbed and I don't think I have pics of the interior on those, but I'll check... Does yours have the ad I mentioned before after page 6?

Well, all I can say is the pics you posted match my real FF #1, and don't match the pics you posted of the FF #1 GRR.  In fact, I *think* the final story page in the GRR is printed in black&white on the inside back cover... maybe that's a different GRR, but I thought it was the FF #1.

Has it been graded yet?  If it is just in their filing system, sometimes stuff like this changes once it gets to grading.

Edited by cousin itt

Actually, yes, I'm right... the last story page of FF #1 GRR is in black & white on the inside back cover and there is no ad.  See this ebay listing.  So, now I'm 99.36731% certain yours is the real deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-1-Golden-Record-Reprint-Marvel-1966-Unrestored-1st-FF-GRR-/322391592455?hash=item4b10094e07%3Ag%3AkaEAAOSwjDZYe7Od&nma=true&si=V9LoncX42hSrK9bfK0PzT4ZfGxI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557