• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men #101 - First appearance Pheonix

13 posts in this topic

I'm thinking a 7.5/8.0.  The book looks like a 9.2/9.4 with the only real issues being the bottom right hand corner.  The tear above "x-men" in the red banner looks like it goes all the way through the book (including FC/BC) and thats going to cost the grade quite a bit.  Was that caused by some sort of cutting tool like a razor blade?

On 2/13/2017 at 9:55 PM, Patriot6 said:

The tear goes through the book how 9.0?

I guess I will assume you are new to the boards and have not learned how to use the quote function yet and that you are speaking to me???

Not sure where you got that the tear goes through the entire book. Maybe assuming from comiqu's un-replied to post with no feedback from the OP?

So assuming the tear goes through the book, no way is it 9.0. An 1/8 inch tear on a book with no other major flaws? I do not see why not 9.0 or at least close. Not a 7.0 either with that as the only flaw. 

Edited by H0RR0RSH0W

1 hour ago, H0RR0RSH0W said:

I guess I will assume you are new to the boards and have not learned how to use the quote function yet and that you are speaking to me???

Not sure where you got that the tear goes through the entire book. Maybe assuming from comiqu's un-replied to post with no feedback from the OP?

So assuming the tear goes through the book, no way is it 9.0. An 1/8 inch tear on a book with no other major flaws? I do not see why not 9.0 or at least close. Not a 7.0 either with that as the only flaw. 

I do know how to use the quote function, it's just that there are two people saying 9.0 and I was curious as to how you guys got there is all.

I thought one of the goals of this thread was to get better at grading, so I was simply looking for an explanation as to how you arrived at 9.0, which you have gieven and I appreciate that.

On 2/15/2017 at 9:00 AM, Patriot6 said:

I do know how to use the quote function, it's just that there are two people saying 9.0 and I was curious as to how you guys got there is all.

I thought one of the goals of this thread was to get better at grading, so I was simply looking for an explanation as to how you arrived at 9.0, which you have gieven and I appreciate that.

I think the tear itself makes it a 9.0 unfortunately. Really nice looking copy thogh