• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paypal Raising Fees and Currency Conversions

23 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, whisp said:

Wow they getting even greedier.  They already juice people on a higher exchange rate on conversion then the banks do.

Someone else needs to step up and provide another option, there's no competition, so they can do whatever they want. Where's iPay? Why can't I send an email money transfer globally? Why can't I buy a money order from my banks website and have them mail it for me? Between getting the shaft on shipping, and points coming off everywhere, even a $5 run filler can cost me close to $20, and that's without the eBay import fee scam they're running. :preach:

43 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I had a guy in Canada try to pay me in $US (I am an in Canada) and he could not find a conversion so that I could receive $US. I had to invoice him to receive $US. I have yet to try myself.

Paypal recently released a new update to their policy and rules and I haven't had a chance to read it as I was on the road. I wondered if it covered these changes. However they explain it away right now, the 'glitch' still benefits them greatly by double dipping on all conversations at their exorbitant rate.  You have to wonder how much of a glitch it really is and how willing they'd be to fix it if it was costing them rather than benefiting them.

They try very hard to get the double conversion. My PayPal funds are all in USD, but when I go to transfer money, it switches my currency to CAD temporarily for that transaction, even though the other end is receiving the funds in USD. It's just irritating to me because it's an easy fix (for each transaction), but I'm sure they catch a ton of people with it. Shameful really.

11 minutes ago, Chadwick said:
1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

I had a guy in Canada try to pay me in $US (I am an in Canada) and he could not find a conversion so that I could receive $US. I had to invoice him to receive $US. I have yet to try myself.

Paypal recently released a new update to their policy and rules and I haven't had a chance to read it as I was on the road. I wondered if it covered these changes. However they explain it away right now, the 'glitch' still benefits them greatly by double dipping on all conversations at their exorbitant rate.  You have to wonder how much of a glitch it really is and how willing they'd be to fix it if it was costing them rather than benefiting them.

They try very hard to get the double conversion. My PayPal funds are all in USD, but when I go to transfer money, it switches my currency to CAD temporarily for that transaction, even though the other end is receiving the funds in USD. It's just irritating to me because it's an easy fix (for each transaction), but I'm sure they catch a ton of people with it. Shameful really.

It's legalized robbery. Because banks operate under different rules than normal humans.