• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IN ORBIT: British GA(?) Giant

2 posts in this topic

I was hoping that one of the Brits here might be able to help me with some info on this British Giant I picked up from a book-dealer a couple of years ago.

inorbit.jpg

It's a big, thick square bound giant (132pgs?) with a B&W interior. The interior stories are mostly "Electro-Man" (doing a good Cap. Marvel imitation) as well as "Space Sheriff" and others. Based on some of the topical info in the stories (esp. UFO stuff) I'm guessing that it is from the late 40's/early 50's, but it is undated and there is no issue number. I know that it was printed by George Turton & Co., London and there is an ad on one page for the "Mammoth Comics" line.

Anyone know if this was a regular or a special issue? Or maybe a later reprint? Any help would be great.

I own a Pence Copy of Amazing Fantasy 15 with the same bookstore stamp (Popular Book Store) on the cover as well.

Your science fiction comic must have been purchased second hand from a British fellow.

I hope this helps.

UK and Australia profusely reprinted their own homegrown superhero books in the "ANNUAL" giant format.