• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JAY & SILENT BOB REBOOT (TBD)

49 posts in this topic

Kevin Smith Announces New Jay and Silent Bob Movie!

RbSrqv9.jpg

"This is not a drill! This is an actual image from my laptop!"

Smith exclaimed. "Yes, Kids - Jay and Silent Bob are coming back! Here's the story: Sadly, Clerks III can't happen (one of our four leads opted out of the flick). So I worked on a Mallrats movie instead... which also didn't happen because it turned into a Mallrats series. I've pitched said sequel series to 6 different networks only to find no takers thus far. Mind you, I'm not complaining: nobody gets to make EVERYTHING they wanna make in this business (do they?). And I've been lucky to make anything at all, there's so much competition out there, so many much cooler ideas from fresh folks. And besides: I had Comic Book Men and then Tusk and Yoga Hosers (which all came together so crazy quickly), and the podcasts and Fatman On Batman. With all of that, how could I person_without_enough_empathy about no Clerks III or Mallrats 2? Then when I started directing The CW shows, it was such a slice of Heaven on Earth, I happily put my Askewniverse sequels to the side. Since I sold Clerks and Mallrats years ago, they're owned by others, which limits my moves with my own material. I don't mind: back in the day, all I ever wanted to do was sell my stuff so I could be in the movie biz in the first place.

"So I don't own Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy or Dogma... But I DO own Jay and Silent Bob," he continued. "So while I love playing with someone else's new toys on The Flash and Supergirl, I'm getting eager to play with my old toys again in the inter-connected View Askewniverse I spent the first half of my career creating. And so all last month, I had the time of my life laughing while writing Jay and Silent Bob Reboot - a fun flick in which the Jersey boys have to go back to Hollywood to stop a brand new reboot of the old Bluntman & Chronic Movie they hated so much. It's a tongue-in-cheek, silly- satire that pokes fun at the movie business's recent re-do obsession, featuring an all-star cast of cameos and familiar faces! And I already met with the good folks at Miramax and they're into it, so I'm hoping we'll be shooting in the summer! Never give up, kids. You CAN do anything you want in life, so long as you're patient and malleable."

Edited by Bosco685

So no Clerks III or Mallrats II ?  Since all you really need for Clerks is Dante and Randall there should only be two leads that determine whether or not the movie goes forward.  Bet you it was Randall who turned down Clerks III.  He was feuding with Smith for a couple of years if I remember correctly.  If it is, kill him off and let Dante learn to cope with the loss of his friend. 

Edited by Buzzetta

59 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

So no Clerks III or Mallrats II ?  Since all you really need for Clerks is Dante and Randall there should only be two leads that determine whether or not the movie goes forward.  Bet you it was Randall who turned down Clerks III.  He was feuding with Smith for a couple of years if I remember correctly.  If it is, kill him off and let Dante learn to cope with the loss of his friend. 

I didn't realize Kevin Smith and Jeff 'Randal' Anderson were feuding over the film. But honestly, I like the character Dante much more anyway. Could have gone with him, and added the regular supporting cast members.

I liked the one Jay silent bob movie I saw. Maybe a bit more pottymouth than necessary, but I enjoyed the one liners and the reverent/irreverent scenes.  It was different.

22 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Bet you it was Randall who turned down Clerks III.  He was feuding with Smith for a couple of years if I remember correctly.

He was pissed about his promised salary on Clerks after it became a hit, but supposedly Kevin Smith made up for it by paying him more on Dogma back in 1998/1999.  He played Randal in a video game last year and has previously said he would do the film, so I'm not sure it's him.  He did say a few years ago he wouldn't do it but subsequently changed his mind.  Maybe he changed it again.  (shrug)

7 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

So he doesn't own "Clerks" anymore? No biggie. Just do a movie called "Associates" :acclaim:

He sold it to Miramax before it was ever released, same with the others that aren't his.  I'm sure he'd never want to tick them off since he's credited the studio and Harvey Weinstein for decades as being responsible for the start of his career.

Edited by fantastic_four

11 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

He sold it to Miramax before it was ever released, same with the others that aren't his.  I'm sure he'd never want to tick them off since he's credited the studio and Harvey Weinstein for decades as being responsible for the start of his career.

You need to develop a sense of humor

That took a long while to get lined up.

Kevin Smith Reveals New Movie Title, Production Schedule

On the second day of SDCC 2017, Kevin Smith took to the recruiting trail while aboard the IMDboat to get Stan Lee a role, and also announced the name of the project.

"The next thing we are doing in October is we start shooting a sequel to Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back," Smith said. "It is called Jay and Silent Bob Reboot."

"Yes, Kids - Jay and Silent Bob are coming back! Here's the story: Sadly, Clerks III can't happen (one of our four leads opted out of the flick). So I worked on a Mallrats movie instead... which also didn't happen because it turned into a Mallrats series. I've pitched said sequel series to 6 different networks only to find no takers thus far. Mind you, I'm not complaining: nobody gets to make EVERYTHING they wanna make in this business (do they?). Then when I started directing The CW shows, it was such a slice of Heaven on Earth, I happily put my Askewniverse sequels to the side. Since I sold Clerks and Mallrats years ago - they're owned by others - which limits my moves with my own material. I don't mind: back in the day, all I ever wanted to do was sell my stuff so I could be in the movie biz in the first place."

Jay & Silent Bob Reboot Will Feature Clerks’ Brian O’Halloran

jennifer-schwalbach-brian-ohalloran-emma

Brian O’Halloran confirms he will appear in Kevin Smith’s Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. When Kevin Smith’s indie comedy Clerks was released in theaters, it launched the writer-director’s career as well as the careers of Jason Mewes, Jeff Anderson, and O’Halloran. But not many people knew that the movie originally had a very tragic ending. Initially the film’s protagonist – Dante Hicks (O’Halloran) – was supposed to be shot and murdered when the store he worked in was robbed during the final moments of the film. Smith cut the ending, allowing the movie to end on a much lighter note – Dante’s really bad day had finally ended with him closing the store for the night.

In fact, O’Halloran made it sound like he’s going to play many of his characters from Smith’s various films:

“We’re going to have a couple of very funny bits with the Kevin Smith characters that I’ve portrayed. I’ve portrayed a number of them at this point, so I think we’re going to bring a variety of them back.”

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot does not have a release date as of yet.

32 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

That was pretty much a given; it's Jeff Anderson, the guy who plays Randal, who for whatever reason didn't want to do more Clerks films.  I assume he won't be in this either, but I guess we'll see.

The woman standing to his left in that pic is Kevin Smith's wife.

On 3/10/2019 at 4:13 PM, Bosco685 said:

Wow, guess they're sticking EVERY family member in this time, that's Jason Mewes's wife standing next to him in the police outfit on the right.