• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 2!

17 posts in this topic

Could we talk about Action 2 please? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Somebody posted a cover once about a year ago and it's the first time I ever saw one.

cloud9.gif

Does anyone have the superman story in action 2 scaned like that site that has the action 1 stories on-line?

poke2.gif

One of my all-time favorite GA covers. thumbsup2.gif Leo O'Mealia is underappreciated...you just never hear his name. Am I alone in liking the non-Superman early Action covers better?

Am I alone in liking the non-Superman early Action covers better?

Some of them are definitely cool, in the same way that the pre-Bats Detective covers are very cool.

Am I alone in liking the non-Superman early Action covers better?

Some of them are definitely cool, in the same way that the pre-Bats Detective covers are very cool.

Yep! I would put the covers from Action 2 and Detective 18 up against any from their respective series.

Is that yours? 893whatthe.gif

Did they ever reprint early actions in trade paperbacks in color?

Like issues 1-10

11-20

ect...

I'm pretty much a GA virgin btw.

But when I finally get my Marvel runs done I'm heading to GA.

One of my all-time favorite GA covers. thumbsup2.gif Leo O'Mealia is underappreciated...you just never hear his name. Am I alone in liking the non-Superman early Action covers better?

You are not alone - Action #2 is my favorite GA DC cover - and would be on my want list if it weren't so damn expensive. O'Mealia is definetly underrated. Thanks for posting a full sized scan. Seeing as how they are valued pretty close in the guide - I'd take an Action #2 over a #7 of equal value any day,

Oh man, I wish! Hopefully someday though, it is on my GA short list. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Like issues 1-10

11-20

extra...

I'm pretty much a GA virgin btw.

But when I finally get my Marvel runs done I'm heading to GA.

Not sure if they were reprinted. I know the early Batman stuff has been, so if DC hasn't done Superman yet, I am sure they will.

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I want to finish my bronze DC stuff in the next year or two and then start on the gold. I have a mental list of at least 20 issues I want, including early Batman Tecs, ECs and Cole covers. If you don't have the Photojournals yet, pick them up. They contain an unbelievable amount of info.

Thanks for the post, Andy. Did Leo O'Mealia do any interior art, or just covers?

I know he did the covers to Action 2-6, Detective 20, and Adventure 41. He also did some newspaper strips about Fu Manchu, which I think were reprinted in Tec 17-26 in a 10 part series called "The Insidious Dr. Fu Manchu". I have not gotten a chance to read them though...

OMealia looks like he was an inspiration of sorts for Kaluta. Same thin brush line. Look at the guys face. Nice work. Id still rather have a #7. Th enon-Supes covers are cool, but so are the earliest Superman covers as thay are the first few "poster-like" images ever drawn of the new exciting character illustrating his powers to an as yet untapped audience.

OMealia looks like he was an inspiration of sorts for Kaluta. Same thin brush line. Look at the guys face. Nice work.

Very similar I agree, if this were a BA cover I'd think Kaluta!

OMealia looks like he was an inspiration of sorts for Kaluta. Same thin brush line. Look at the guys face. Nice work. Id still rather have a #7. Th enon-Supes covers are cool, but so are the earliest Superman covers as thay are the first few "poster-like" images ever drawn of the new exciting character illustrating his powers to an as yet untapped audience.

Before I read this post, Kaluta stuck in my mind also... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

k

Like issues 1-10

11-20

Yes, I have a few of the volumes, the first three Action(s). Reprints like the first 45 Superman stories in Action. PM Me if you want them cheaper than they sell for on EBAY.

Shawn

Like issues 1-10

11-20

Yes, I have a few of the volumes, the first three Action(s). Reprints like the first 45 Superman stories in Action. PM Me if you want them cheaper than they sell for on EBAY.

Shawn

PM sent! sumo.gif