• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spring Cleaning-Help Me Move This Stuff!

31 posts in this topic

It has been a while since I've sold anything here on the boards and I decided since there's a new look, I should break it in!  So I have a big stack of comic books I'm looking to move.  I'm going to kick this thread off with nine books.  :takeit: in the thread wins the book(s), if the thread is getting some action and :popcorn: maybe I'll post a few more books.

Shipping will be $15 for Flat Rate Priority Mail Boxed shipping.  If you prefer to go with a cheaper method, we can discuss.  If you're outside the US, then PM me and we'll discuss.   I'll typically throw in some free stuff when you purchase from me since the shipping charge covers anything that'll fit in the box. 

No PROBs/HOS.  Returns are frowned upon as I insure everything that I ship, so please be sure you want to buy the item prior to claiming and paying for it.  If there's some weird/crazy problem that is unforeseen then I'm sure we can work something out.  I'm generally pretty reasonable. 

Alright now that the business side of things is out of the way let's see some books.

X-Force 2.  2nd Appearance of Deadpool and awesome trading card advertisement on the back cover.  Man those cards were awesome!  I think I'd like to sell this book and buy a complete set of those cards.  So how about someone pay me $5 for this high grade comic?

XForce2FrontA_zpsqplkvnkk.jpgXForce2BackA_zpsq3dalygk.jpg

Uncanny X-Men 201.  The book that started the whole time travelling headache that would plague the X-Men books for years to come.  This features the first appearance of baby Cable.  The man that no one knew if he was a cyborg or a mutant at first.  Was he the evil that was behind the bleak future that Bishop came from?  Oh the mystery!  So the scan of the front cover is a little bit crooked, and the gobots selling out to pitch Nestle Quik is very nostalgic and downright capitalist of them.  With that in mind how about someone pay me $15 for this book?

xm201f_zpslnjtjsuv.jpgxm201b_zpsibrfrtpw.jpg

No, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you.  It's two copies of X-Men 244.  The first appearance of Wolverine's first sidekick, Jubilee!  One copy is extremely nice and would probably benefit from a press and grade (if you're into that sort of thing), and the other is a very nicely presenting copy that you can proudly show your hipster comic friends when they come over.  "I've got the first Jubilee, not graded, because I like to let my comics breathe fresh air, just like our favorite micro brew."  So indulge both here, get the one you keep for reading/showing your buddies, and get the one you can grade and hoard like a packrat.  It'll be awesome, and it'll only cost you $35 for the pair.

xm244bf_zpsdvdhoxus.jpgxm244af_zpsfijayebq.jpgxm244bb_zpshuy40xb2.jpgxm244ab_zpsbvdqdynw.jpg

So let's go a little retro.  What's more trendy than going retro these days, am I right?  Here's the one where Rogue joins the X-Men.  Man, this was such a big deal back in 1983 before Bryan Singer got ahold of Rogue and made here everyone's favorite red neck to everyone's least favorite white trash mutant.  I guess there's fine lines and crossing them can be a little blurry right?  Well in the spirit of Rogue's first appearance being in Avengers Annual 10, let's call this high grade book all yours if you're willing to pay me $10. 

xmen171front_zpseyw0mnxw.jpgxmen171back_zpshxbnzjmn.jpg

Let's call this one an ice breaker.  I mean that's the nice way to put it, I'm honestly annoyed that I took it out of the bag and board to scan it.  It's pretty rough shape.  I see there's a date stamp on the back, but who knows what it used to say?  I think I picked this one up in a collection a couple of years ago and just never got around to doing anything with it.  So at any rate, back to breaking that ice.  I'll sell this book for cover price.  Fifteen cents.  So super cheap book, but then you're kind of in a weird spot if you don't buy at least one other book right?  Hehehe...so devious and calculating on my part.

im37f_zpsqpsmoknz.jpgim37b_zpsrup6ikrd.jpg

Throwing this one out there because there's just not enough people supporting the Mohawk in modern comics.  I mean look at Storm rocking that like a boss.  She's all "I'm going make some weather happen all over your face Kitty Pryde!"  and Kitty's all like "No storm I take it back, I like the A-Team"  and then Storm is all like "Child!  Do not insult me and let's see someone buy this book from comicalgems for $2 today"

xmen180f_zpsjkcvy9p9.jpgxmen180b_zpsksqtltvz.jpg

Once upon a time in 1991.  Marvel liked to do this thing with their X-Men books (I don't think I've ever seen it on another title from the era, but hey I'm no expert on crappy Marvel ideas from the 90s) where they made their second printings have gold all over the book.  Like it was a dead giveaway that it was a 2nd printing or whatever.  Most kids I knew didn't care.  So it was kind of wasted on us.  Then again some of those books managed to get more valuable over the years.  This one, in fact has doubled from what it sold for in 1991.  So for our ninth and final book of this the initial run of the thread, I present Uncanny X-Men 275, the crappy gold variant, and all yours for $3.

xmen275goldfront_zpsd6es3n9a.jpgxmen275goldback_zpsgpdciqgu.jpg

28 minutes ago, comicalgems said:

Uncanny X-Men 201.  The book that started the whole time travelling headache that would plague the X-Men books for years to come.  This features the first appearance of baby Cable.  The man that no one knew if he was a cyborg or a mutant at first.  Was he the evil that was behind the bleak future that Bishop came from?  Oh the mystery!  So the scan of the front cover is a little bit crooked, and the gobots selling out to pitch Nestle Quik is very nostalgic and downright capitalist of them.  With that in mind how about someone pay me $15 for this book?

xm201b_zpsibrfrtpw.jpg

:takeit:

3 minutes ago, comicalgems said:

Once upon a time in 1991.  Marvel liked to do this thing with their X-Men books (I don't think I've ever seen it on another title from the era, but hey I'm no expert on crappy Marvel ideas from the 90s) where they made their second printings have gold all over the book.  Like it was a dead giveaway that it was a 2nd printing or whatever.  Most kids I knew didn't care.  So it was kind of wasted on us.  Then again some of those books managed to get more valuable over the years.  This one, in fact has doubled from what it sold for in 1991.  So for our ninth and final book of this the initial run of the thread, I present Uncanny X-Men 275, the crappy gold variant, and all yours for $3.

xmen275goldfront_zpsd6es3n9a.jpgxmen275goldback_zpsgpdciqgu.jpg

:takeit: please?

42 minutes ago, comicalgems said:

X-Force 2.  2nd Appearance of Deadpool and awesome trading card advertisement on the back cover.  Man those cards were awesome!  I think I'd like to sell this book and buy a complete set of those cards.  So how about someone pay me $5 for this high grade comic?

XForce2FrontA_zpsqplkvnkk.jpgXForce2BackA_zpsq3dalygk.jpg

:takeit: please ?This book is going at a comics store I was at for much more!

So this is what happens when you hang out with Rick Grimes.  You end up dead under his feet on a chromium anniversary issue which sees the most brutal death of a beloved character in modern comics and introduces the most foul mouthed antagonist in the history of this or any other series...and of course they made a chromium variant.  I'm not sure what  that is on the top of the back cover.  I can see it in the scan but not on the comic so either my eyes suck when things aren't magnified or my scanning bed is a little dusty.  Because I don't really need to try to solve another mystery, why don't we just say this one can be all yours for the low low price of $20.  It's only two times the cover price and you know you need one.

wd100chromiumf_zpsxebhs1su.jpgwd100chromiumb_zpsarltlihb.jpg