• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spring Cleaning-Help Me Move This Stuff!

31 posts in this topic

Up next we have one of the silliest covers I've ever seen.  A couple of years ago I went to Wizard World Tulsa and got these with my VIP badges.  To say that I was not overly thrilled would be an understatement.  This Billy Martin cover just doesn't look like it belongs with this series.  I'm not familiar with his other work and honestly I've only been holding onto these because they are from the convention that I attended.  That really seems like a silly reason to hold them since I don't even like them.  So how about a Billy Martin fan buy these from me.  Price is $20 each or buy all four for $70.  Please buy these so they stop taking up space that could be better used for 90s drek.

wd1wwtaf_zpsll7suvez.jpgwd1wwtab_zpseynmpnhh.jpgwd1wwtbf_zpsyjecbucz.jpgwd1wwtcb_zps4uc6mn2u.jpgwd1wwtcf_zpsc0h6iont.jpgwd1wwtdb_zpsnvcyrs8d.jpgwd1wwtdf_zps4lwdnxma.jpgwd1wwtbb_zpsrv06iqij.jpg

2 hours ago, comicalgems said:

Once upon a time in 1991.  Marvel liked to do this thing with their X-Men books (I don't think I've ever seen it on another title from the era, but hey I'm no expert on crappy Marvel ideas from the 90s) where they made their second printings have gold all over the book.  Like it was a dead giveaway that it was a 2nd printing or whatever.  Most kids I knew didn't care.  So it was kind of wasted on us.  Then again some of those books managed to get more valuable over the years.  This one, in fact has doubled from what it sold for in 1991.  So for our ninth and final book of this the initial run of the thread, I present Uncanny X-Men 275, the crappy gold variant, and all yours for $3.

xmen275goldfront_zpsd6es3n9a.jpg

Ahem...

newwarriors2nd.jpg.528124239829888a22cc518e12e20115.jpg

:hi: (not that you needed the free bump right now)

Now I love Star Wars, but I honestly don't care a thing about owning the comic series.  There's some goofy non-Star Wars type stuff happening that I just don't dig.  Take for example this book.  You've got Chewbacca looking like a dog, you've got Lando being cradled by him, why?  why? why?  Then there's some weird little bug thing off in the background creeping around that for some reason had to make the final cover.  I honestly don't know who that character is and I honestly don't want to know.  He looks like the 80s version of Jar Jar Binks to me.  With that said...I"ve tried selling this book what I feel like is about thirty times on these boards.  I'm sure I'm exaggerating and maybe I had the price to high.  So this time I'm going to keep it simple.  $25 and it's all yours.

sw107f_zpsy31g5bm1.jpgsw107b_zpskglyaftb.jpg

So have you ever wanted to buy a "project book".  Well that's what this one is, it has all the good stuff.  You can try to press it, both front and back to try out your pressing skills...and I believe you could probably dry clean the back.  Oh and it goes without even pointing out the obvious that it's the gold cover 2nd printing variant book that Marvel was fond of in the 90s.  So to get your project jump started, or if you just want to buy a really banged up copy of this book.  It's all yours for $6.

nm87f_zpsvnq8m6zx.jpgnm87b_zps5acdssgz.jpg

So remember that time when Havok could take Wolverine?  Back before they made Wolverine the top of the food chain.  So there's this cover that shows Wolverine just getting handled by Havok on the front, then on the back there's this image that shows Spider-Man right before he gets handled by Mary Jane.  IN between all that though, there's the first appearance on Mr. Sinister, a fairly mysterious character in the 90s, as there seemed to be quite a few of those back then, it's really no surprise when they finally decided to give him an origin it was vastly different than what the original creator had intended.  There's of course all these rumors that Sinister will be the big villain in an upcoming X-Men movie, whether it's Deadpool, Wolverine or X-Men proper, no one knows for sure, but I know this, for $20 this comic can be yours.

xm221f_zpstslryjom.jpgxm221b_zpsl4nyt9da.jpg

13 minutes ago, comicalgems said:

So remember that time when Havok could take Wolverine?  Back before they made Wolverine the top of the food chain.  So there's this cover that shows Wolverine just getting handled by Havok on the front, then on the back there's this image that shows Spider-Man right before he gets handled by Mary Jane.  IN between all that though, there's the first appearance on Mr. Sinister, a fairly mysterious character in the 90s, as there seemed to be quite a few of those back then, it's really no surprise when they finally decided to give him an origin it was vastly different than what the original creator had intended.  There's of course all these rumors that Sinister will be the big villain in an upcoming X-Men movie, whether it's Deadpool, Wolverine or X-Men proper, no one knows for sure, but I know this, for $20 this comic can be yours.

xm221f_zpstslryjom.jpgxm221b_zpsl4nyt9da.jpg

:takeit: please?

I've got about a hundred comics to choose from here.  Nothing super stupid valuable, so I thought I would just ask, is anyone in the market for Deadpool 1 Circle Chase?  X-Men 256 and 257?  (I have numerous pairs of these), or X-Men 282?  Trying to decide what to scan next.