• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling Thousands of Comics....Best Way?
1 1

116 posts in this topic

Just now, oakman29 said:

Iwouldntknowaboutdrekbecauseidonthaveanydrekbooksmaybeafewdrektoysbutilikethemspeciallymydrekcaptoys.

wellletmetellyouaboutdrekthentheydon'tsellyoucan'tgiveemawaynoonewantstogonearem.

1 minute ago, kav said:

wellletmetellyouaboutdrekthentheydon'tsellyoucan'tgiveemawaynoonewantstogonearem.

Theycouldmakeaveryncebonfirehereinthefirepitsofhuntintonbeachicouldevenvideomeburningthessocalleddrekbooks.

41 minutes ago, kav said:

Sure if they are books people are willing to pay $1-$3 or $5 for you're set.  If they are standard 80s and 90s drek, they don't sell for a nickel.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

DrekbooksarelikeCap'sshield-indestructibletoselling.

Dude, enough.

Back to the OP, does anyone know what Mile High offers on bulk?  I've never done a bulk buy like this, but just from 80's and 90's runs, I can see Batman, Detective, Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Captain America, and pre-#300 X-Men going out by the armful at a dollar apiece at any yard sale or flea market, along with whatever else people happen to be looking for.  If a store's not interested in discounted material like that, they either don't have any display space, or they're allergic to work.

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Theycouldmakeaveryncebonfirehereinthefirepitsofhuntintonbeachicouldevenvideomeburningthessocalleddrekbooks.

It'spossiblefiremightnotevenwannatouchthesebabies

1 minute ago, FineCollector said:

Dude, enough.

Back to the OP, does anyone know what Mile High offers on bulk?  I've never done a bulk buy like this, but just from 80's and 90's runs, I can see Batman, Detective, Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Captain America, and pre-#300 X-Men going out by the armful at a dollar apiece at any yard sale or flea market, along with whatever else people happen to be looking for.  If a store's not interested in discounted material like that, they either don't have any display space, or they're allergic to work.

You cant say 'enough' then rebut someone's point and have the last word.  That's not how it works.  That's not how any of this works.  You cannot sell books for $1 that no one will even take for free.

1 minute ago, kav said:

You cant say 'enough' then rebut someone's point and have the last word.  That's not how it works.  That's not how any of this works.  You cannot sell books for $1 that no one will even take for free.

I'm saying "enough" at you and Oak being insufficiently_thoughtful_persons and trying to derail someone else's thread... again.  The fact that you're a poor salesman isn't a surprise to anyone.

6 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

Dude, enough.

Dude seriously Chuck could care less about a few long boxes of books, he wants pallets of books.

Just now, FineCollector said:

I'm saying "enough" at you and Oak being insufficiently_thoughtful_persons and trying to derail someone else's thread... again.  The fact that you're a poor salesman isn't a surprise to anyone.

You lack focus.  I never said I tried to sell these books.  LCS owner did.  Me and Oak can do whatever we want-you are not in charge of this forum.  If you think we are breaking some rule, report us.  

10 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Dude seriously Chuck could care less about a few long boxes of books, he wants pallets of books.

I thought the OP said 8 to 9 longboxes, not 80 to 90. Chuck might want that if it's drekky enough.(shrug)

8 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I thought the OP said 8 to 9 longboxes, not 80 to 90. Chuck might want that if it's drekky enough.(shrug)

Colonial Mustard could sell these...

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

It's posts like this that make the new forum upgrade worth it. In the old days, these post would cause the font size to become subatomic in size and become unreadable.

Yup, shipping is the real killer on this.  To the OP---garage sale them out.  Even advertise it in the local paper, Craigslist, whatever as the biggest comic garage sale in Arkansas history.  Make the sale for two days. Then get yourself organized.....make it easy for people to buy from you---have your family help you out to accept cash and watch over things.  Rent a big tent for your driveway, play non-offensive tunes and maybe grill some hot dogs.  If you really have this many books, why not turn it into a block sale/block party.  What do you have to lose?

I think you will sell a mess-load of books if you price them cheap-cheap like .$50.  I wouldn't be surprised if you get a few offers for bulk.  Make sure you give option to people too: IE if you buy a long box of books it's a fixed amount (average $.25 per book) ----let them fill up the long box with the books they want.  You will be guaranteed that people will do this.  

I bet that you'll be able to unload 1/2 of them.  Then, 6 months later, advertise again for Arkansas' second biggest comic garage sale ever and repeat the process.  If you're down to a manageable number of boxes, donate them to charities or evn the local military base---I bet you they'd take them.

Last of all--have some fun with it---like I said, tunes, bring the TV outside and play super-hero flicks, grill some hot dogs.....whatever.  

Seriously guy, I just don't think it's that hard of a problem.  

1 hour ago, kav said:

You're full of it and your store-owning buddy is still incompetent unless what he bought was something like the mythical, improbable all-Youngblood accumulation.

54 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

You're full of it and your store-owning buddy is still incompetent unless what he bought was something like the mythical, improbable all-Youngblood accumulation.

I already said i didnt remember the details exactly but the fact remains he bought em, they didnt sell, and he took a loss.  Sold the entire collection at a loss and they didnt sell in 25 cent boxes.  Anyone who has a fire in his store and is back up and running in a month in a new location is the opposite of incompetent.   

Edited by kav

I notice all the people who say I'm dead wrong haven't offered to take the books off OP's hands.  He's said he's willing to give em away and at the mythical easy $5 a pop that any non-incompetent person could sell them at that's a free about $140,000....worth a drive anywhere in the country.  But they won't.  Because they know damn well the books are worthless.

You can also find endless lots of these type books on ebay for 50 cents a book and WHY aren't my detractors snapping them up?  At $5 a book they could make a huge income buying these lots on ebay and selling em.  The don't because THEY KNOW DAMN WELL THESE BOOKS ARE WORTHLESS.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-Lot-Of-50-MARVEL-DC-Independent-Comics-80s-90s-2000s-/272546412860?hash=item3f7508393c:g:SWsAAOSwjDZYltu4

To the OP, where are you located?

I did sell some comics in bulk to Chuck back in the 90's. He was paying 10 cents a comic back then for titles he was looking for (Captain America for example). Stuff he doesn't care about he might pay 5 cents a comic. One more thing, to get those prices you had to get the comics to him. It's been a long time. Under normal circumstances, I would never agree to those prices, but I sold them along with some higher value stuff as I was hurting for money at the time. Overall, I think I did ok on the whole deal.