• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your most underwhelming SA key/grail purchase?
1 1

28 posts in this topic

I sold a copy of FF4 on the boards a couple years back to help with a downpayment on my house.  It wasn't an especially high grade or expensive one, but since most books are heating up, I probably wont be able to replace it....  Thats about the only one I regret, not for the price I got but bc I wont be able to replace it

On 2017-02-25 at 11:51 PM, Readcomix said:

I think he was being generous because he asked to undo a trade. And he had buyers for the Dr Stranges. The mid-grade ASM 300 went to work in a trade for some GA with an LCS.

The best thing is we kept the friendship. Since then, he's gotten pre-Hero Marvels, Surfer #1, X-Men #6 from me; I've acquired TOS 41, Batman 232, Strange Tales Ann. 2 from him. Point is, lots of separate subsequent deals, books both ways, that would not have happened otherwise.

This is why I love the hobby, there's tons of great people that are actually passionate collectors and not just out there for the quick flip. 

Kudos sir. 

As for underwhelming keys, I went after an Avengers 4 and I was stoked to find a nice looking copy for a good price. When it arrived I wasn't really feeling it. I sold it, picked up a rag reader and am perfectly happy. Maybe I thought it would fill the void of my true grail - GA Cap 1... it didn't :sorry: 

A couple actually...

I flipped an Avengers 1 and Showcase 22 for a good profit during the usual movie hype lead-up. I don't miss either book.

On the other hand, I miss my Avengers 4, but since it helped pay for a TOS 39, can I really complain?

23 hours ago, Chadwick said:

This is why I love the hobby, there's tons of great people that are actually passionate collectors and not just out there for the quick flip. 

Kudos sir. 

As for underwhelming keys, I went after an Avengers 4 and I was stoked to find a nice looking copy for a good price. When it arrived I wasn't really feeling it. I sold it, picked up a rag reader and am perfectly happy. Maybe I thought it would fill the void of my true grail - GA Cap 1... it didn't :sorry: 

Sometimes you just have to scratch that itch. Cap 1, Cap 1, Cap 1............:devil: