• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCS Weekly Auctions

MCS Begins Weekly Auctions  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Think About Expanded Weekly Auctions?

• Great! The more the merrier!
    • More auctions? How many books can the market absorb?
    • Crack, please!

7 posts in this topic

I have been impressed (surprised may be a better word) at some the realized prices on their earlier auctions.  They hold their own against the big boys even if the selection is not as robust.  I only look at the GA sections and for this weekly auction, predominantly lower grade books so maybe this format is where they might move some of the lower valued items.  

I don't mind more auctions.  If there is something I am interested in, I can bid, if not, I pass.  It's like college football bowl games, I really don't care there are so many, I watch the ones I want and to be honest, I would rather see two 6-6 college teams play than pro bowling, not that there is anything wrong with that.  

I guess the real test is if the prices suffer and sellers stop consigning, it will determine the viability.