• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Comics4Kids

52 posts in this topic

People seem eager to make subtle accusations/suggestions and be suspicious (seems to be the norm for around here), when all they have to do is inquire at the source. Please don't turn this into the next witch hunt, guys. Ask Dale (Neff) and see if they keep track of that information first before you start pointing out that it's "interesting" that they don't post where they sent all 75 copies of Robin III that were donated a while back..

It's no witch hunt. I'm genuinely curious as I've seen C4K mentioned very favorably in various places but never reports and instances of the kids with the comics. I'm thinking of donating a couple hundred when I get back to the States but I need more than just favorable press to give donations...

Hell I would be happy with anecdotes from some of the people here, other than DrNeff, who know of places that have benefited from the program. But no one has chimed in...

Do you have any anecdotes?

Jim

Do you have any antedotes?

I don't; guess the poison's gonna end up killin' ya. smile.gif (joke: should be "anecdote", I think) Anyway, I'm on the donating end, not the receiving end, so I can't address that.

I agree, this isn't a witchhunt. I have read and heard great things as well. Just wanted to boost their image a bit on our site. Lots of people call with comics that aren't really worth much, and I would love to tell them to take a look at what they have done so they consider it.

Just out of curiousity.

Have either of you guys pm'd Neff to make himaware of this post. The implication seems to be that they are refusing to answer,while they might not be aware of turn in this thread.

His e-mail address is also in his profile.

comics4kids@aol.com

I'll bet he gets that before he gets a PM.

From Scoop of Oct. 24, 2003:

Recently, Comics4kids received a donation of 15,000 comic books from Steve Lauterbach of Investment Collectibles. The donation was based on the idea of the project reaching children in hospitals. “We will be sending them to the Cancer Recovery Foundation, and we still need another 15,100 to cement our commitment to them of 30,100 to cover their 155 hospitals,” commented Dale Moore of Comics4kids.

According to Comics4kids, the comic books along with other items will be given to children who are entering the hospitals. “Our typical goal with Comics4Kids is literacy, but in this situation we are trying to comfort the stay of children by supplying them with comic books,” Moore said.

Currently Comics4kids is in the process of raising the additional 15,100 still needed for this project. Those interested in contributing can contact Comics4kids for more information.

More information is available by visiting http://www.comics4kids.org or emailing comics4kids@aol.com

Red...I saw that and decided to look at the Cancer Recovery Foundation website yesterday. Despite talking about various contributions for kids, I couldn't find one mention of comics either as a gift now or in the past...

Jim

I heard c4k is a front for the mafia.

I hear they launder money for Alkida!

gossip.gif

That's al-Qaida... frustrated.gif

Your spelling makes it sound like they are laundering money for a Asian gastric relief company... smirk.gif

Jim

Fixed.

Now fix the quote. poke2.gif

At least you know I don't work for them since I can't even spell their dang name.

crazy.gif

Fixed.

At least you know I don't work for them since I can't even spell their dang name.

crazy.gif

Though that could be a front and you really are working for them and just pretending you can't spell their name.

Dang i should be in CID or something...

Fixed.

crazy.gif

Though that could be a front and you really are working for them and just pretending you can't spell their name.

893censored-thumb.gif... They are getting on to me! 893whatthe.gif

Fixed.

crazy.gif

893censored-thumb.gif... They are getting on to me! 893whatthe.gif

taliban_250.jpg