• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HAS ANYONE NOTICED THE KILLER DC MATERIAL IN THE HERITAGE AUCTION??!!

23 posts in this topic

Yes, we've been talking about these auctions for a while now. Most of the JLAs are Acesilver's. The Western Penn MGAs are JP's, I believe, purchased only last year on Heritage.

Ben, thanks a lot for highlighting these auctions to everyone. Really. Thanks. A lot. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Yes, we've been talking about these auctions for a while now. Most of the JLAs are Acesilver's. The Western Penn MGAs are JP's, I believe, purchased only last year on Heritage.

Ben, thanks a lot for highlighting these auctions to everyone. Really. Thanks. A lot. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Yeah, up until this post you were going to fly in under the radar 27_laughing.gif

Yeah, up until this post you were going to fly in under the radar 27_laughing.gif

I like to give Ben a hard time because he's so earnest. grin.gif

sorry tim

if ur bidding, i have a feeling not many ppl are going to be in there with a chance when the dust has settled

if the prices are where i'll think theyll end, we're talking a pretty small circle of deep pocketed DC hi grade collectors

Serves you right for being such an [#@$%!!!] all the time.

You are falling asleep...follow my gold watch...drowsy...relaxed...numd..the DC stuff is awesome....spend your money there....DC is undervalued...the Marvel stuff is horsesh!t...it is overpriced....drowsy....drowsy....

heritage certainly has a knack for drawing out the top stuff

Agreed. Amazing how many high grade DCs have been pressed into service for this latest offering...

893whatthe.gif I never thought of that! Well, that does it. I'm not bidding on any of these books now, and I would strongly urge everyone else not to bid on them either. Thanks for the heads up, Garth! thumbsup2.gif

Hey, they don't call me the designated [#@$%!!!] disturber for nothin' ! Let's face it, Heritage appears to be the most egregious perpetrator of the pressing "phenomenon" - slabbed or raw, my guess is they've got at least one industrial book press on the premises, operating 24/7.

I have a question about this auction. Say, I bid on a book and am the high bidder when the online auction ends. The floor auction begins the next day and those on the floor have the last bids on the book, right? What do you have to do to win the book? Does my maximum high bid have to be so high that those on the floor give up on the bidding. Seems like it would be hard to win an online auction without laying down so really big bucks!!

Not to mention the Original Art. Yeeesh.

Man the art is sweet, going or will be going for big bucks, everyone that I want anyways:(

I think I have a shot at the Liefeld piece tonofbricks.gif

I have a question about this auction. Say, I bid on a book and am the high bidder when the online auction ends. The floor auction begins the next day and those on the floor have the last bids on the book, right? What do you have to do to win the book? Does my maximum high bid have to be so high that those on the floor give up on the bidding. Seems like it would be hard to win an online auction without laying down so really big bucks!!

Yes, you have to bid high enough to win against the floor bidders. There aren't usually that many of them, however, and even some of them will put in bids through the internet. A reasonable chunk of the lots sell to folks who put their bids in through the Heritage site.