• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raw Grading
1 1

107 posts in this topic

I don't know if this is an appropriate question but here goes:

Did they do this type of grading so that once graded and having the sticker, people can show what is a 9.6, 9.8, 6.0 etc, so people can then take pictures and compare to other graded company items.....?

2 hours ago, Philflound said:

Only read the 1st page, don't have time to get to the others, but the raw grade does not include any resto check. You can have a nice 9.8 with color touch and not know it.

Wow - I don't have time or interest to read all this BS, but CT is definitely something that just pops to me - I see it before other flaws, so I must say WTF?

20 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Wow - I don't have time or interest to read all this BS, but CT is definitely something that just pops to me - I see it before other flaws, so I must say WTF?

The point was that they don't do resto check. So if you pay $10, you're not getting much for it. Go ahead and send your books to them.

Just now, Philflound said:
20 hours ago, lizards2 said:

The point was that they don't do resto check. So if you pay $10, you're not getting much for it. Go ahead and send your books to them.

I'm perfectly fine grading myself.  I just got to say wow, since most resto is instantly recognized.

Just now, lizards2 said:

I'm perfectly fine grading myself.  I just got to say wow, since most resto is instantly recognized.

Not always, especially on certain comics like ASM 300, where most of the ct is on the back. If the book is in a bag/board, you can't see the back cover at all. Your average Joe can't spot resto too often.

11 minutes ago, Philflound said:
13 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Not always, especially on certain comics like ASM 300, where most of the ct is on the back. If the book is in a bag/board, you can't see the back cover at all. Your average Joe can't spot resto too often.

Oh come now - they surely can't be bag-grading the books.  :eyeroll:

I agree on the average Joe - as I previously stated, most of it pops to me, and I would assume someone purporting to be a professional grader.