• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question: What are the max pixel dimensions needed?

23 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 3/2/2017 at 6:02 AM, crassus said:

This is a good idea. Personally I would like to see the full size in the first instance, but your idea would at least eliminate the unnecessary duplication of the full sized version, and this would be especially useful in big sales threads.

Well no, not really easy. How hard it is I'd have to check into, but generally the continuum goes like this, starting with the easiest on top:

1. Something we can easily use the admin to configure
  2. Something we can buy/install a plugin to do and configure
  3. Something we can edit the code on a theme to do (i.e. front end colors / layout / design stuff)
  4. Something we have to write real code customization to do, and then have to keep compatible with all future versions of the board

So it would need to be a pretty crucial need to get to #4.

On 3/3/2017 at 10:41 AM, Architecht said:

Well no, not really easy. How hard it is I'd have to check into, but generally the continuum goes like this, starting with the easiest on top:

1. Something we can easily use the admin to configure
  2. Something we can buy/install a plugin to do and configure
  3. Something we can edit the code on a theme to do (i.e. front end colors / layout / design stuff)
  4. Something we have to write real code customization to do, and then have to keep compatible with all future versions of the board

So it would need to be a pretty crucial need to get to #4.

Ah, that makes sense. Not many of us know what is going on behind the curtain.