• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mister Mxyzptlk
2 2

18 posts in this topic

The other night I was watching Super Girl, and they had a really nice looking young guy who wanted to marry Kara. They introduced him as Mister Mxyzptlk. He was cute, but was not exactly the imp I remembered. So I thought I'd copy the original story in case some people who didn't love the magic of DC, and who  might not have read it;) 

I was afraid to scan it, so I used my phone. My apologies if it's hard to read. I have some detail shots where there was a lot of text, so if you can't read it, just let me know:) 

Enjoy.

20170228_154204.jpg
20170228_154237.jpg
20170228_154319.jpg

20170228_154632.jpg
20170228_154729.jpg
20170228_154822.jpg
20170228_154917.jpg
20170228_155003.jpg
20170228_155034.jpg

20170228_155203.jpg
20170228_155228.jpg
20170228_155332.jpg
20170228_155422.jpg

Nex Gen, lol..lasts for a month, I can hook you guys up;) 

How did you know it was not my husband holding the book;)?

Superman 30,

My favorites, too 

You are welcome

@comicjackand @Black_Adam

Edited by skypinkblu

Very cool of you Sha and ditto on the fantastic nails!!  

I enjoyed the Supergirl episode but like you said wasn't quite the imp I was expecting when I heard he was making an app but it was still neat to see him in general and get to see everyone pronounce his name

14 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Very cool of you Sha and ditto on the fantastic nails!!  

I enjoyed the Supergirl episode but like you said wasn't quite the imp I was expecting when I heard he was making an app but it was still neat to see him in general and get to see everyone pronounce his name

Did they trick him into saying it backwards?

Interesting how they spelled his name back then. Was it wrong then? Is it wrong now? When did it change?

One can't be right.

Horrors, I just realized I may have been spelling it wrong the last 50 years.

2 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

Did they trick him into saying it backwards?

Spoiler

He didn't say it out loud but Supergirl got him to spell it out on a keyboard by tricking him that it was a password/code for some type of timed detonator 

2 hours ago, ninanina said:

Interesting how they spelled his name back then. Was it wrong then? Is it wrong now? When did it change?

One can't be right.

Horrors, I just realized I may have been spelling it wrong the last 50 years.

I never even noticed that! It's definitely Mxyzptlk now.

I checked Wikipedia and learned this: " In Superman #131 (1959), the spelling of Mxyztplk's name changed (by some accounts through mistake) to "Mxyzptlk""

Most posts in a comic book forum, ever, regarding nails;) and I thought they were too bright, lol. 
Thank you.

@Black_Adam Yes, he has to say his name backwards.

Yes there are two spellings, I took the one from the TV show;) I never spell it right anyway;)