• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLYING DONUT

15 posts in this topic

Hasn't Flying Donut sold his FF 9.8 collection ??

Shouldn't it now be deleted from the registry .

I need to go up a place .

Many collectors don't take books out of their registry until someone else is trying to put it into their own. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Just the way it is, and basically CGC isn't going to police that. Once some else request the inclusion of the same book in their registry set, CGC will notify the prior owner for confirmation the book is no longer theirs.

Many collectors don't take books out of their registry until someone else is trying to put it into their own. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Just the way it is, and basically CGC isn't going to police that. Once some else request the inclusion of the same book in their registry set, CGC will notify the prior owner for confirmation the book is no longer theirs.

So it can become irrelevant after awhile due to turnover of collections? I really had never thought about this. Why bother to enter a collection if your ranking, in relation to others, could be incorrect?

Sound like it could become quite the headache for CGC in future if they have to continuely confirm slabs have changed hands...

Jim

Hasn't Flying Donut sold his FF 9.8 collection ??

Shouldn't it now be deleted from the registry .

I need to go up a place .

thumbsup2.gif

Man seems like the guy just can't catch a break. In all seriousness though if you have an entire set that you no longer own you should delete the set. If you just sold on or two most people will just leave it as is. I took quite the drop in my TOS set once I deleted books that were added to another set. THANKS SFILOSA!!! flowerred.gifpoke2.gif

So it can become irrelevant after awhile due to turnover of collections? I really had never thought about this. Why bother to enter a collection if your ranking, in relation to others, could be incorrect?

Not to mention there are tons of ghost sets, that are made up by goofs trolling Ebay for high-grade CGC certificate numbers. I bet if I ever entered my CGC books in, I would get a lot of errors due to duplicate entry.

Oh c'mon where do you find a book like that. hail.gif

I assume this is a raw pedigree issue. When you're dealing with high-end raw collections it's a matter of numbers - submit enough and sooner or later the 9.8's and 9.9's are going to show up.

This thread prompted me to surf through the registry and I decide to wade through Capt Tripps FF lineup. He has issue #55 in 9.9. 893whatthe.gif Oh c'mon where do you find a book like that. hail.gif

It's the only FF under 200 to get a 9.9. poke2.gif

This thread prompted me to surf through the registry and I decide to wade through Capt Tripps FF lineup. He has issue #55 in 9.9. 893whatthe.gif Oh c'mon where do you find a book like that. hail.gif

It's the only FF under 200 to get a 9.9. poke2.gif

I was going to buy that 9.6 copy PGC Mint had but it already sold. Boy I would have been disappointed if I found out later that it was the 3rd highest grade. tonofbricks.gif

Surf,

I actually bought it raw in 96 (I think) from Nostalgic Investments. I thought it would get a 9.6/9.8, not a 9.9!! Luckt day for me, I guess. It's a really nice and flat copy and its from the boston collection which explains it perfection.

Surf,

I actually bought it raw in 96 (I think) from Nostalgic Investments. I thought it would get a 9.6/9.8, not a 9.9!! Luckt day for me, I guess. It's a really nice and flat copy and its from the boston collection which explains it perfection.

Well you hit the jackpot on that one. Perhaps you can post a scan of it if you have a moment. popcorn.gif