• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boston comic show circa late 80s/early 90s set up pik
3 3

13 posts in this topic

Found an old pic of when I set up at the Boston Show maybe around 89-91...this was at the old 57 Park Plaza (ah the good ol days pre-cgc, pre-internet). All were high grade books and I eventually graded several of them (long since sold) but the ASM #14 came back cgc 8.5, 17 came back a 9.2 and the 129 came back a 9.6.

I recall the Surfer #4 was really sweet as well as the HOS 92 and WW 32....I still have a few (Star Trek 1 and SSM mag #2)

Thought you guys would get a kick out of the pic

FullSizeRender (24).jpg

Edited by g-man

32 minutes ago, g-man said:

Found an old pic of when I set up at the Boston Show maybe around 89-91...this was at the old 57 Park Plaza (ah the good ol days pre-cgc, pre-internet). All were high grade books and I eventually graded several of them (long since sold) but the ASM #14 came back cgc 8.5, 17 came back a 9.2 and the 129 came back a 9.6.

I recall the Surfer #4 was really sweet as well as the HOS 92 and WW 32....I still have a few (Star Trek 1 and SSM mag #2)

Thought you guys would get a kick out of the pic

FullSizeRender (24).jpg

Great pic. I also love that Faust made it onto the wall with all those big leaguers.

6 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Great pic. I also love that Faust made it onto the wall with all those big leaguers.

yeah I still have that too...it was signed by Tim Vigil back in the day and was a hot book.

was like $5 to get in or $10 early....many a good deal with Teddy back in the day...my 1st show was his 1st show setting up and that is where I got the Star Trek #1 (mid to late 80s)

Was this show related in any way to the Primate Promotions Boston shows? They ended maybe 5 or so years ago and also used to have a record/music sales component.  It was at a hotel in Boston a few times a year, but I forgot the name. 

Edited by Spidey 62

I think primate took over towards the end of the 57 park plaza run but not 100%....early on there were some killer shows with great dealers and 1st time set up guys. I remember selling Magnus 12s and Turok books to dealers before the show even opened. Ah the gman was writing "The Art of the Flip" as a young man. ;)