• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the hardest Conan the Barbarians to get in High Grade? (BWS Run)

8 posts in this topic

Far and away #18 is the hardest to get. There is only one copy graded better than 9.4. A few of the other harder issues are #12 and #14. Only issues #11 and #14 have no copies in 9.8.

Thanks nocomics. I looked at the census and saw that CTB #18 appears to be the most difficult one to get. I don't understand why. It's an orange cover and it's not a 25 cent book like CTB #'s 10 & 11. It's not a black cover like CTB #'s 12, 15, 17, & 21. The black covers are usually the more difficult ones to find in high grade (9.2 & above).

Anyone want to try and explain to me why this is so for the BWS Conan 1-24 run?

BronzeJohnny

Can't disagree with the "cover blows" theory, but another factor may have been the distribution. Kane wound up doing the book when BWS got behind on the series. Speculation: it may be that the art was rushed to the printer at the 11th hour, and the print run and book distribution hampered in comparison with surrounding issues. I was collecting the title back then, and bought on the stands issues 17 and 19-24, but missed buying an 18. Don't remember why it slipped past me, but poor distribution could be an explanation.