• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Wow, sure glad I don't have sales thread going tonight. (:

Yeah, but you'd have 100% sell through. I've only sold 1 book. The least expensive of the bunch.

lol

Yeah, but you'd have 100% sell through. I've only sold 1 book. The least expensive of the bunch.

lol

:(

lol

Get in there you tire kicker.

lol

Watching the game instead

lol

I don't have a TV.

What I'm talking about is obvious stuff that unarguably disqualifies books from the grades claimed...and there's just too many books recently that fall into that category. :(

Although I`m not a big fan of trashing peoples` sales threads, if the problem has gotten out of hand, then perhaps it`s time for a few members whose raw grading is generally respected to start making a few posts in the more egregious threads pointing out that the grade and the scan clearly don`t match. Or alternatively, to list them in this Discussion thread, so people will know which threads and sellers to avoid.

If we`re not brutally honest about this stuff and not willing to out people when justified, then as you say this place will just turn into ebay lite.

lol

I don't have a TV.

:banana:

What I'm talking about is obvious stuff that unarguably disqualifies books from the grades claimed...and there's just too many books recently that fall into that category. :(

Although I`m not a big fan of trashing peoples` sales threads, if the problem has gotten out of hand, then perhaps it`s time for a few members whose raw grading is generally respected to start making a few posts in the more egregious threads pointing out that the grade and the scan clearly don`t match. Or alternatively, to list them in this Discussion thread, so people will know which threads and sellers to avoid.

If we`re not brutally honest about this stuff and not willing to out people when justified, then as you say this place will just turn into ebay lite.

Or direct them to the grading forum to get a forum consensus on grades.

R.

lol

I don't have a TV.

I sold it so I could make it to Chicago to kick your azz.

lol

I don't have a TV.

:banana::banana:

R.

Not an easy task without triggering some kind of flamewar....

lol

I don't have a TV.

Must have been a really big TV. hm

R.

I agree...People get ticked off when you politely mention that they cannot have books listed in 2 places, or that they can't sell PBX Y or Q books...it would be a tough task....

R.

I agree...People get ticked off when you politely mention that they cannot have books listed in 2 places, or that they can't sell PBX Y or Q books...it would be a tough task....

True. Maybe a pm would work better. Or a well worded politically correct post directing them to the grading forum.

R.

It only becomes a flame war if there is a response to the poor grader`s inevitable defensive response. After you make a post in the poor grader`s selling thread pointing out the flaws in their grading, there is no need to say anything else.

Sorta of like a hit and run approach :eek:

This is a very touchie thing and a bruised ego will turn to bitter feelings pretty quickly. In this situation a PM would be your best option.

Sorta of like a hit and run approach :eek:

This is a very touchie thing and a bruised ego will turn to bitter feelings pretty quickly. In this situation a PM would be your best option.

Especially when it's not a noob ^^