• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

:blush:
You know who and you still bought from him.

No I did not :gossip:

You asked when you shouldn't have wasted your time.

Sorta of like a hit and run approach :eek:

This is a very touchie thing and a bruised ego will turn to bitter feelings pretty quickly. In this situation a PM would be your best option.

That's unfortunate, because, as someone who doesn't have nearly the experience at grading or detecting restoration from scans as more seasoned graders, I would find it beneficial to read about alternate opinions for books which have given grades that are way off.

Wow, sure glad I don't have sales thread going tonight. (:

Yeah, but you'd have 100% sell through. I've only sold 1 book. The least expensive of the bunch.

lol

:(

Get in there you tire kicker.

Watching the game instead
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Wow, sure glad I don't have sales thread going tonight. (:

Yeah, but you'd have 100% sell through. I've only sold 1 book. The least expensive of the bunch.

lol

:(

Get in there you tire kicker.

Watching the game instead
:banana: :banana: :banana:
$50 of my junk = $300 of yours (worship)

Although I`m not a big fan of trashing peoples` sales threads, if the problem has gotten out of hand, then perhaps it`s time for a few members whose raw grading is generally respected to start making a few posts in the more egregious threads pointing out that the grade and the scan clearly don`t match. Or alternatively, to list them in this Discussion thread, so people will know which threads and sellers to avoid.

If we`re not brutally honest about this stuff and not willing to out people when justified, then as you say this place will just turn into ebay lite.

When I was reading FT's original post on this I was thinking the very same thing...

The pendulum has totally swung the other way...there was a time when every sales thread was "invaded" and a lot of times some got totally thrashed, but ever since there's been a kind of consensus not to comment any more (which was initially a good idea) more and more sellers have been having trouble posting a correct (or near-correct grade)

What's next ? tiny, cropped scans ?

On the plus side I do notice that most of these overgraded books don't sell at all...

And it's not only the high grade books, a lot of G/VG books have been popping up and sold as VG or FINE etc...

Glad I'm not the only one that has noticed (and has stopped buying)

Although I`m not a big fan of trashing peoples` sales threads, if the problem has gotten out of hand, then perhaps it`s time for a few members whose raw grading is generally respected to start making a few posts in the more egregious threads pointing out that the grade and the scan clearly don`t match. Or alternatively, to list them in this Discussion thread, so people will know which threads and sellers to avoid.

If we`re not brutally honest about this stuff and not willing to out people when justified, then as you say this place will just turn into ebay lite.

When I was reading FT's original post on this I was thinking the very same thing...

The pendulum has totally swung the other way...there was a time when every sales thread was "invaded" and a lot of times some got totally thrashed, but ever since there's been a kind of consensus not to comment any more (which was initially a good idea) more and more sellers have been having trouble posting a correct (or near-correct grade)

What's next ? tiny, cropped scans ?

On the plus side I do notice that most of these overgraded books don't sell at all...

And it's not only the high grade books, a lot of G/VG books have been popping up and sold as VG or FINE etc...

Glad I'm not the only one that has noticed (and has stopped buying)

(worship) Seconded! Thirded? Dittoed?

I'm sure tiny, cropped scans aren't far behind. I saw a recent thread that started with abominable, washed out scans to the point where the books looked like sun-faded wall or window books.

Regarding those that don't sell, what seems to happen though is endless bumping or seller bewilderment that nobody is interested in overgraded low-grade books that could be picked up on ebay (or even the LCS) any day of the week for a song.

This is the area where it's happening most in my opinion...

Jim

Jim

As a low grade collector, I concur!

Jim

Probably true. I will say this though, I find the 3.0 - 6.0 books very hard to grade. I just don't have that much experience. Always trying my best though.

DIdn't I buy my VG- FF 52 from you? Still think you undergraded it... :)
(shrug) I don't remember. The only FF 52 I remember selling went to October I think.

Jim

Probably true. I will say this though, I find the 3.0 - 6.0 books very hard to grade. I just don't have that much experience. Always trying my best though.
:whatev:

Jim

Is this the part where we start telling everyone to overlook your shortcomings because you are really a nice guy?

Jim

Is this the part where we start telling everyone to overlook your shortcomings because you are really a nice guy?

^^

Jim

Yes.

Jim

^^
In John's defense he usually is pretty tanked when he is listing books. :D

Jim

^^
In John's defense he usually is pretty tanked when he is listing books. :D
But sadly I grade them sober..... doh!