• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Yeah, I know what he was trying to do. But by using the quotation marks, he is indicating that I said EXACTLY that. Not really very honest in my opinion.

meh Jeez guy do you have some type of persecution complex? That's essentially what you said in three posts. Next time I'll add "essentially" so you won't think everyone's ganging up on you...

Jim

Would it be right of me to quote you in this way????

"I don't care what Dale thinks and I don't care what the moderator thinks, and I don't care what the guidelines are, this is what I think needs to happen", because that is essentially the same thing you did to me.

Change that to caring about what the mod thinks and the spirit of the guidelines and I have no problem with it... (thumbs u

Jim

Thats kind of the point though right?? Quotations mean a direct quote. And since that is not what you said or think, then it is not really appropriate.

No...you were mostly right. Have you ever heard of paraphrasing?

But looking at your quote, since the mod hasn't chimed in on your three threads in one day and doing so goes against what the guidelines were put in place for AND what the Board concensus was before your buddies chimed in then your quote was faulty.

My quote was essentially paraphrasing what you said in a couple posts so I stand by it.

Jim

Jim,

I have had far more people PM with positive responses and with posts in the thread than guys who have complained. Who is qualified to say what a board consensus is? I am sure there are people on both sides who have not expressed an opinion, so to say that you know what the board consensus is, would just not be accurate. Not saying you are wrong, but I am saying that maybe you are.

Regardless, I don't think we are going to accomplish anything more by talking about it. Relish in the fact that you have kept me from posting in one of the other 2 threads today out of simple respect for your guys opinions. You can continue to label me as bullheaded and such, but it is really not the case. I probably will post some more tonight, but there will be many people who have posted during that time.

Anyway, like I said, no hard feelings on my end.

Dale

The drama is THICK in here. Easiest way is to do a thread a week. Have highlighted material each week, maybe throw in some samples of next week. Anytime you add books to a thread it moves back to the front page , so if you are consistent with adding books you will stay up top. Having multiple threads 1 GA,1SA,1CA, etc.... Is just kind of overkill and hinders chances of anybody else selling off books they would like to get rid of. If you simply have "too much" that you would like to unload, make lots or see what I already said. If your list falls to the wayside it is because of inactivity, which is due to...... Inactivity.

I really dont care one way or the other what you do. I can always sit back and watch people dig in like pitbulls on a raw steak, some of the banter in here is quite amusing. I dont think it is persecution as stated before though, you reply therefore they reply. IT WILL GO ON FOREVER.. So best bet would try and make some friends, enjoy the witty remarks, and if all else fails people do sell on Ebay, C-Link, and so on.

Boy the Forum only selling thread has gone to hell in a handbasket

Hell and a Handbasket :cloud9:

I always wanted that issue in a 9.8....

I hear Dale's got a dozen of them . . . :whistle:

$5.00 shipped priority and ill take it.

I have some books in my thread that look like they'd be "hell and a handbasket" quality. Some are even $5.... :lol:

$5.00 shipped priority and ill take it.

I have some books in my thread that look like they'd be "hell and a handbasket" quality. Some are even $5.... :lol:

Only HG Handbaskets.. CGC 9.8 or higher :sumo:

I think it's a good idea, and would strongly encourage sellers, to have separate threads when you're selling a good quantity of different types of books (whether it be GA vs. BA, or HG Slabs vs. readers). In fact, the guidelines allude to allowing multiple threads:

Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

It doesn't take a lawyer to interpret this as reading that multiple threads are indeed allowed, if there's a good reason for having separate threads. It's just common sense, and I imagine that's exactly why Nick started a separate thread for those sweet, sweet SA books (like the Hulk #1) he sold a while back, even though he had a large/active, ongoing thread at the same time, in which he was also selling SA books. Same with Roy's multiple posts, Scott's multiple posts, Divad's multiple posts, Rich's multiple posts, etc.,. (thumbs u

Personally, I prefer not to look through huge threads with a mix of books, never knowing when a nice GA or early SA book I'm interested in is going to be offered, but only after the seller posts 4 pages of $5.00, mid-grade BA in which I have no interest. (shrug)

I think it's a good idea, and would strongly encourage sellers, to have separate threads when you're selling a good quantity of different types of books (whether it be GA vs. BA, or HG Slabs vs. readers). In fact, the guidelines allude to allowing multiple threads:

Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

It doesn't take a lawyer to interpret this as reading that multiple threads are indeed allowed, if there's a good reason for having separate threads. It's just common sense, and I imagine that's exactly why Nick started a separate thread for those sweet, sweet SA books (like the Hulk #1) he sold a while back, even though he had a large/active, ongoing thread at the same time, in which he was also selling SA books. Same with Roy's multiple posts, Scott's multiple posts, Divad's multiple posts, Rich's multiple posts, etc.,. (thumbs u

Personally, I prefer not to look through huge threads with a mix of books, never knowing when a nice GA or early SA book I'm interested in is going to be offered, but only after the seller posts 4 pages of $5.00, mid-grade BA in which I have no interest. (shrug)

:sorry::roflmao:doh!