• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

When I sell on here, I'm going to load multiple GPA charts for all my books, and none of you tools better say anything. :sumo:

lol oh trust me, you will get laid into

Charging slab prices on raw books is one thing, but I do not see anything wrong with comparing slab prices with the raw book you are selling. It helps you and the buyer with knowledge of how much the book would sell for that grade if slabbed. There is no other way for a novice to know if he is getting stiffed or getting a good deal on a book since Overstreet only goes to 9.2.

2c

i guess i understand your logic, but i guess it all depends on what side of the hobby you are. as a pure collector, (meaning i almost never sell books) it drives me crazy to see GPA prices on raw books.

Point taken. We finally agree on something!

:applause:

^^

I was like you Monstro.

Rarely selling and always putting "new" money into comics.

Now I use the money from sales to make more comic purchases, I can still collect and sometimes make a little coin for extra books and I'm just as happy because I'll leave a better quality of books for my boy to flip when I'm dead. :acclaim:

so are you buying with the purpose to sell for more then what you paid? or are you selling from your collection?

When I sell on here, I'm going to load multiple GPA charts for all my books, and none of you tools better say anything. :sumo:
You can be sure that GPA charts will be the least of your worries the day you decide to sell here. Of course, it will be hard to find buyers on the day of the rapture.

You can be sure that GPA charts will be the least of your worries the day you decide to sell here.

Actually it might be, as I'm usually ready to sell once the market has totally tanked, so GPA might have closed down by then.

OK. Open question to all buyers.

How do you know if you are going to be paying a good price for a book if it is outside the scope of Overstreet, and there are no recorded sales on Comiclink, no recent sales on Ebay and no one you know has bought one recently?

R.

It's a good price if you're comfortable with it...

Jim

That's what I am trying to get across. I'm not a snob but I make it a point to collect rare or hi grade books, so when I sell them and they are not CGC graded then GPA is my only option (and maybe a recent sale from an auction house). Period. That's all I'm trying to say. So what seems to be unreasonable to many is the only option for some.

(thumbs u

I can agree with this...but the comics that brought up the discussion were by no means rare...

Jim

I haven't read all of this discussion but charging GPA for books that aren't slabbed seems wrong to me. After all, GPA quotes sales of slabbed books, not raw books.

In any event, it's just my opinion and I'm not going to get into a shouting match with folks who disagree.

i guess i understand your logic, but i guess it all depends on what side of the hobby you are. as a pure collector, (meaning i almost never sell books) it drives me crazy to see GPA prices on raw books.

Point taken. We finally agree on something!

^^

I was like you Monstro.

Rarely selling and always putting "new" money into comics.

Now I use the money from sales to make more comic purchases, I can still collect and sometimes make a little coin for extra books and I'm just as happy because I'll leave a better quality of books for my boy to flip when I'm dead. :acclaim:

so are you buying with the purpose to sell for more then what you paid? or are you selling from your collection?

Both.

Hey, here's a fresh idea.

Sellers: Quote whatever prices you want to quote in your selling threads. Price your books at OS, GPA, Wizard, or whatever.

Buyers: If you don't like the price source that a seller is quoting then go fist yourself and stay the heII out of the sellers threads if it bothers you so much.

There, that was easy.

NEXT!

Sellers: Quote whatever prices you want to quote in your selling threads. Price your books at OS, GPA, Wizard, or whatever.

Buyers: If you don't like the price source that a seller is quoting then go fist yourself and stay the heII out of the sellers threads if it bothers you so much.

There, that was easy.

NEXT!

Oops, you forgot this:

Neither Buyer nor Seller: :blahblah::mad::blahblah::pullhair: [aneurysm]

lol

There, that was easy.

NEXT!

(worship) (worship) (worship)

I haven't read all of this discussion but charging GPA for books that aren't slabbed seems wrong to me. After all, GPA quotes sales of slabbed books, not raw books.

In any event, it's just my opinion and I'm not going to get into a shouting match with folks who disagree.

:baiting: Maybe just one small shouting match?