• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

All of this progressive thread stuff is getting too complicated for me to wrap my tiny brain around.

If you want to sell a bulk lot of junk, then just list it as a bulk lot and be done with it. Most people here are savvy buyers and sideshow tricks like lighting your farts on fire may attract a crowd in the beginning, but in the end everything just goes up in smoke anyway.

lol

maybe just a smidge hm

I am of the opinion that if you start one of those threads then you finish it. Period. There is no, "ill stop if i think im loosing money" or such nonesense.

If you are going to run one of those style listings then create your rules to deal with situations that you might see arising.

But the bottom line is that you start one, you need to finish it.

Right, but I think finishing it can mean simply saying "That's it! No more books left." Of course, you very well may be stating this too (I am only working on my first cup of coffee :) ). However, I think if you're going to commit to doing one of these $100 progressive lots, then it remains a $100 progressive; no changing prices midstream. Not that I have a problem with seller's running their threads how they want, but I think it just get confusing and might turn some people off. But the goes right along the lines of what you said Arex, "If you are going to run one of those style listings then create your rules to deal with situations that you might see arising."

Yes and no. I do not think you can just say "im done" whenever it strikes your fancy. Now, if you said the following:

Im going to add 3 books a day, and if no-one has bought after 3 day and 9 added books, then the thread closes.

I see nothing wrong with that.

Exactly! State the conditions of the auction ahead of time and I think it's a-ok. I think I come down less hard on ending it after a certain period of time but I do believe that it's not cool to go changing the rules of the auction while it's going on (changing prices, tacking on shipping when it was originally rolled in, calling it quits because it's not making you a profit (as opposed to stopping because you're out of books), etc).

my tiny brain

Case closed. :grin:

You are supposed to be ignoring me.

I am - I ignore you and your faithful dogpack. :grin:

Like I give a . You are still just as full of sh*t as you ever were. If you are going to ignore someone as least have the balls to stick to it. Just like with the probation list. Oh... wait... :kidaround::grin::foryou:

I think these auctions have just run amok. If you want to genuinely do the progressive with good books, thats fine. But be prepared to take a loss. They are already wearing thin. I think FT's auctions are the only ones I will even consider anymore.

And what is with the influx of newbies on the board ?

my tiny brain

Like I give a . You are still just as full of sh*t as you ever were. If you are going to ignore someone as least have the balls to stick to it. Just like with the probation list. Oh... wait... :kidaround::grin::foryou:

Guess I hit a nerve . . . pizz off! :grin:

my tiny brain

Hit a nerve with me? Not at all. I'm used to you talking out of your azz. Go sell some more over graded krap. (thumbs u

my tiny brain

Hit a nerve with me? Not at all. I'm used to you talking out of your azz. Go sell some more over graded krap. (thumbs u

:roflmao: man-child :roflmao: