• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Originally Posted By: joe_collector
Lotsa smut on the boards lately - the pervs must be breaking out the lotion and klennex.

And the pompous, sanctimonious martinets must be perching atop their high horses, breaking out the same smug, deliberately inflammatory, attention - seeking judgements for the umpteenth time...

Agreed. He really is just quite boring at this point.

You gotta love Spidey-on-crack's latest gem:

"Again Joe stop trolling my threads, and if you didnt get my hint I wouldn't sell you any of my books to you anyway. Your money is no good."

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Oh man, this guy's hilarious. The only way I'd send this chump any money is if it was laced with Anthrax.

"Again Joe stop trolling my threads, and if you didnt get my hint I wouldn't sell you any of my books to you anyway. Your money is no good."

Oh man, this guy's hilarious. The only way I'd send this chump any money is if it was laced with Anthrax.

not funny

:o(tsk)

Where's all the shock and finger-wagging when he posts an insult-laden rant to me, complete with an "Internet Tough Guy" threat at the end?

Dude, you have wasted my time with all your private PM questions from my sales thread with ZERO Sales from your cheap :censored:.

I hyped it on my sales thread and 5 people PMed me with wanting them ASAP, and I took one offer. Whose time am I wasting Joe, were you sitting there all day choking your chicken waiting for my books , you loser.

The only person that shoould ever be on probation is you for being the biggest :censored: on these boards.

You have no life and you are trolling me now, so if you wan to keep that up I can assure you your time on these boards will be over.

This isnt even close to being a probation issue, Joe aka tool shop.

but please come and say hi to me in person, I can assure you I am much nicer in person!

Where's all the shock and finger-wagging when he posts an insult-laden rant to me, complete with an "Internet Tough Guy" threat at the end?

There won't be any because you are an antagonistic poster much in the same the vein as Deathlok, but not quite as effective since you haven't been permanently banned, yet. :wishluck:

There won't be any because you are an antagonistic poster much in the same the vein as Deathlok, but not quite as effective since you haven't been permanently banned, yet. :wishluck:

:popcorn:

Uncool to say even if you think you are being provoked. Tasteless, Joe.

There won't be any because you are an antagonistic poster much in the same the vein as Deathlok

Hardly, and it's nice to know that you advocate totalitarian policies of inequality and different rules for different people, but I'd like to know one question:

When exactly are you moving back to Cuba?

Just curious - do you guys care if sellers start a new thread for every new item they are selling, or maybe a new thread for every new day that stuff is listed? The reason I ask is that when I start a thread I usually add stuff over the course of a few days but the items that get added after a thread has a certain amount of pages just don't get viewed. I hate to clutter with a bunch of threads, but I also hate for books to go unseen.

Just curious - do you guys care if sellers start a new thread for every new item they are selling, or maybe a new thread for every new day that stuff is listed? The reason I ask is that when I start a thread I usually add stuff over the course of a few days but the items that get added after a thread has a certain amount of pages just don't get viewed. I hate to clutter with a bunch of threads, but I also hate for books to go unseen.
Richard, I would go ahead and use the same thread. I did that when I had alot of books to sell over a few days. Do a summary of what's left and list what page they are on when you restart the thread and then continue listing new books. Edited by TonyStarkFan

You are going to get several and varied opinions, Richard. However, if you are changing ages, like you did in your recent sales thread, then I don't see a problem with it. I believe october has had separate threads for both GA and SA books. Bob Siman has created different threads for each batch of books he has sold over the last week or two. I think he is on thread number three now.

So, I really don't see it being a problem. Now, if you only listed one book per thread, unless they were all keys and worthy of such treatment, that would be a different story altogether and frowned upon by the forum police.

I really think there should be some restrictions for newbies posting books in the FS section. I'm on a couple other non comic related forums and both of them have restrictions about even posting images in the forum until you've been a member for a certain length of time.

My suggestion would be to require a combination of post count/length of membership time. Post count alone would not be enough as there are plenty of current members that have reached lofty post numbers in almost no time. My suggestion would be to require a combination of at least 2 weeks and 25 posts. You would have to have both in order to post anything at all in the FS forum including purchases.

This would also, I believe, help reinforce the idea that our little part of cyberspace is a community and not just a place to stop off and unload your unwanted (or possibly even wanted) junk.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's partly the crappy day I had today, but that's my 2 pennies.

I really think there should be some restrictions for newbies posting books in the FS section. I'm on a couple other non comic related forums and both of them have restrictions about even posting images in the forum until you've been a member for a certain length of time.

My suggestion would be to require a combination of post count/length of membership time. Post count alone would not be enough as there are plenty of current members that have reached lofty post numbers in almost no time. My suggestion would be to require a combination of at least 2 weeks and 25 posts. You would have to have both in order to post anything at all in the FS forum including purchases.

This would also, I believe, help reinforce the idea that our little part of cyberspace is a community and not just a place to stop off and unload your unwanted (or possibly even wanted) junk.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's partly the crappy day I had today, but that's my 2 pennies.

I'm new and I agree on selling. But why buying? Just say the person has an hour to pay via paypal or something.

I'm new and I agree on selling. But why buying? Just say the person has an hour to pay via paypal or something.

I figured to be fair, it should be for both sellers and buyers. It would be easier to regulate that way as well and would help establish some credibility both ways.

That way, everybody gets to know each other a little bit before we start ripping each other off. :insane:

Erich, I hadn't even noticed that there were several new people selling, until you mentioned it, because I seem to skip anyone's name I don't know from the threads. I had one problem last year with a new person and I suppose it turned me off, so now if I happen to click on a newbie's selling thread, I check their posts, if they have ONLY posted in the PGM book threads, and the selling threads, I wander off...I bet a lot of others, do the same thing..

I'm not sure that we can enforce something like a waiting period...I know the VCC says that ANYONE can join in...and that is a nice place to start, but perhaps Arch could add to the rules for posting, a suggestion that you join in and get to know people for a couple of minutes before selling? Or perhaps when someone asks for suggestions, we make that a suggestion?

As for buying? People here forever fail to pay, so why restrict a new person?

Erich, I hadn't even noticed that there were several new people selling, until you mentioned it, because I seem to skip anyone's name I don't know from the threads. I had one problem last year with a new person and I suppose it turned me off, so now if I happen to click on a newbie's selling thread, I check their posts, if they have ONLY posted in the PGM book threads, and the selling threads, I wander off...I bet a lot of others, do the same thing..

I'm not sure that we can enforce something like a waiting period...I know the VCC says that ANYONE can join in...and that is a nice place to start, but perhaps Arch could add to the rules for posting, a suggestion that you join in and get to know people for a couple of minutes before selling? Or perhaps when someone asks for suggestions, we make that a suggestion?

As for buying? People here forever fail to pay, so why restrict a new person?

I pretty much do the same thing. I generally will not buy from someone that hasn't established themselves as a part of this community over a certain period of time. If I do break that rule, then I have a whole checklist of things I go through to help me decide whether to buy from that person or not. I don't think I've ever broken that rule though.

Regarding a waiting period, I've never used UBBthreads, but in other forums that I've worked with, in the admin you can set up rules that would lock certain users out of specific areas of the forum. You could also set up user levels which might work to do this as well. The FS forum would be locked to anyone who didn't have at least 25 posts and/or 14 days as a member.

I can't comment on the failure to pay thing. I always pay and I've been fortunate in that everyone I've ever sold anything to has paid very promptly as well.