• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Dang it I am too lazy to scan for David's recent buys can someone do it for me.
:insane:

btw, just WHAT is going on here . . .

1762.jpg

Well, I was feelin so bad, asked my family doctor bout what I had,

I said, doctor, doctor, mister m.d., can you tell me, whats ailing me?

He said, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

All you need, all you really need: good lovin

Because you got to have lovin (good lovin)

Everybody got to have lovin (good lovin)

A little good lovin now baby, good lovin.

So come on baby, squeeze me tight

Dont you want your daddy to be all right?

I said baby, now its for sure,

Ive got the fever, you got the cure.

Because you got to have lovin (good lovin)

A little good lovin now baby, good lovin.

Hey, got to have lovin (good lovin)

Well, you got to have lovin (good lovin)

Come on now and give me good lovin (good lovin).

Well, I was feelin sort of bad now,

Asked my family doctor bout what I had,

I said, doctor, doctor, mister m.d.,

Can you tell me, whats ailing me?

Hey, now you got to have lovin (good lovin)

Give me, give me, give me some lovin (good lovin).

Come on now, everybody get right, (got to have lovin)

You may be weak or you may be blind (got to have lovin)

But even a blind man knows when the sun is shining (got to have lovin)

So turn it on now (got to have lovin)

Turn on, turn on your light (got to have lovin).

Gimme, gimme, gimme some lovin (good lovin)

Hey, now you got to have lovin (good lovin)

You need it, I need it, well you got to have lovin (good lovin)

Say it again now, good lovin.

Well turn on your light, you wont regret it (good lovin)

You got to go for the good and get it (good lovin)

Everybody, they got to have lovin (good lovin)

Hey, now you got to have lovin.

It could have been through a PM :gossip:

You know if we are going to be honest around here with our transactions with other members, names should be given out. Pros and cons about the transaction, if not, its not any better then Ebay feedback, or as meaningful.

I agree with Nik. If the seller doesn't make it right, you have every right to name drop :sumo:

You know if we are going to be honest around here with our transactions with other members, names should be given out. Pros and cons about the transaction, if not, its not any better then Ebay feedback, or as meaningful.

I agree with Nik. If the seller doesn't make it right, you have every right to name drop :sumo:

I always agree with Nik, but who is he talking to? lol

As to the seller making it right . . . it perhaps was a nice FN/VF book when he sent it but now there is is a long vertical crease in the REFC - what's a boy to do about a $25 book? I just as soon move along. It's clear he can't grade either. So can't grade, can't pack, yet he's still selling books hand over feet - go figure (shrug)

As to the seller making it right . . . it perhaps was a nice FN/VF book when he sent it but now there is is a long vertical crease in the REFC - what's a boy to do about a $25 book? I just as soon move along. It's clear he can't grade either. So can't grade, can't pack, yet he's still selling books hand over feet - go figure (shrug)

We're asking for a name so we can start a witch hunt. :baiting:

Yeah, I know :baiting:

But it ain't happenin'. He delivered the goods promptly, I'm just never dealing with him again - you guys can deal with it when he sells to you. :grin:

I am constantly amazed that there are still sellers on the Boards who do not know how to pack comics. :frustrated: And that other Board members give them kudos for "great packing" doh! Does the line of spoons never end? (shrug)

That's weird. I rarely ever see people mention packaging one way or another in their kudos. Should it be an automatic part of kudos (plus timely shipping and whether the raw books were accurately graded)? I usually see just "thanks so-and-so!"

But it ain't happenin'. He delivered the goods promptly, I'm just never dealing with him again - you guys can deal with it when he sells to you. :grin:

So, what you are saying is that since you got ripped off in a timely manner, it's okay.

I am constantly amazed that there are still sellers on the Boards who do not know how to pack comics. :frustrated: And that other Board members give them kudos for "great packing" doh! Does the line of spoons never end? (shrug)

He probably just gave you a special packaging job.

Is that the same as fudgepacking? lol

Just thought I would throw this out since I am fairly new around here. :hi:

I sucked at packing at first and I am man enough to admit to it.

The first books I sent out got beat up in delivery and the board member that received them was cool enough to discuss with me through a pm a better way to ship books. The information was great and I don't think I have screwed up since then. So maybe outing someone who has been around a long time and should no better makes since, but if it's a noob then I think giving some guidance through a PM is the best way to go.

And yes I made it right with the buyer.

So, what you are saying is that since you got ripped off in a timely manner, it's okay.

Uh no, he has contacted me, I think he means well, but doesn't quite get it. :grin:

Yeah probably . . . cuz I'm so luhvable :luhv:

Uh no, he has contacted me, I think he means well, but doesn't quite get it. :grin:

btw, seller made good. :applause:

Links to (1) other web pages or (2) a photobucket album, with scans/grades/prices - Is this okay or does it violate #4 in the rules?

"Links to outside sites for any purpose involving purchasing the offered books are not allowed."

And if the link includes books that do not have grades or prices, still okay?

I think that posting images of books "that are in my collection, but not for sale" in a market sales thread is tantamount to inviting bids and inquiries, and thus should be against the rules, as there is no fixed price that the seller will accept. If this doesn't change soon, then I will be forced to start posting a myriad of books that are "in my collection, but not for sale" :sumo:(: And you KNOW that I WILL do it.

Links to (1) other web pages or (2) a photobucket album, with scans/grades/prices - Is this okay or does it violate #4 in the rules?

If the individual books and grades are NOT also listed on here, then yes, that's a violation.

People mistakenly think that is a "dealer guideline", but I was one of the main proponents of including it, and that was put in there to insure that the books would be listed, priced, graded, and sold on the forum, not just a "I have some books" message with a link to another site or host.