• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

That means links to other sites where the book is for sale, such as ebay, Heritage, Comiclink, a dealer site etc.

Wrong, that was put in to insure that books were actually listed, graded, scanned, priced, sold, shipped, etc, through the forums, and that the CGC Marketplace wouldn't be filled with:

"Hey, I have some books for sale, click here!" kinds of BS.

And no, it's certainly not limited to dealer/auction-only sites, and is intended to keep transactions centered on the forums.

I think it's meant to "generally" cover dealers and auction houses but the language is worded in such a way to include examples such as what we're seeing here. And I don't think it's arguing semantics either--if the sale was meant for the boards only, then it'd be listed here alone and not with pics and prices on another site.

I'm not always one to see eye to eye with JC, but on this one, his assessment is pretty spot on here.

I am constantly amazed that there are still sellers on the Boards who do not know how to pack comics. :frustrated: And that other Board members give them kudos for "great packing" doh! Does the line of spoons never end? (shrug)

That's weird. I rarely ever see people mention packaging one way or another in their kudos. Should it be an automatic part of kudos (plus timely shipping and whether the raw books were accurately graded)? I usually see just "thanks so-and-so!"

You must have totally not seen any of my KUDOS giving posts then :grin:

I think that posting images of books "that are in my collection, but not for sale" in a market sales thread is tantamount to inviting bids and inquiries, and thus should be against the rules, as there is no fixed price that the seller will accept. If this doesn't change soon, then I will be forced to start posting a myriad of books that are "in my collection, but not for sale" :sumo:(: And you KNOW that I WILL do it.

I have to agree with you. Showing off your collection in the marketplace is in bad form and sends the wrong message.

I've pretty much given up in general, anarchy is the rule of thumb these days.

Agreed, and if the Mods would actually delete a thread or two, it might go a long way towards a better marketplace.

But as it stands, people can do absolutely anything they want, and continue selling.

I've pretty much given up in general, anarchy is the rule of thumb these days.

Agreed, and if the Mods would actually delete a thread or two, it might go a long way towards a better marketplace.

But as it stands, people can do absolutely anything they want, and continue selling.

I agree, and to the Boards in general (not to you JC) here's a BIG FAT "I TOLD YOU SO!" :sumo:

Can we return to the way the marketplace forum used to be? YES WE CAN :grin:

Can we return to the way the marketplace forum used to be? YES WE CAN :grin:

I'll admit my ignorance ask how the marketplace used to be?

Oh and... :banana:

Like heaven baby, brothers were just givin' HG books away . . . :grin:

Jesus H. Christ. What is the freaking point? It's bad enough the thread is just a link to a photobucket account with books (some of which are graded and priced, some of which are not). But to come here to put the :takeit: on books that don't have a price/grade, is amazing. If the books were listed here without prices it would be a clear violation.

I'll take the Flash #137 and the Fantastic Four #9 and #13, depending on price and condition.

I looked at 15 books and only two had prices and conditions listed, so it is hard to give a firm agreement to purchase, until those things are adjusted. Thanks.

Jesus H. Christ. What is the freaking point? It's bad enough the thread is just a link to a photobucket account with books (some of which are graded and priced, some of which are not). But to come here to put the :takeit: on books that don't have a price/grade, is amazing. If the books were listed here without prices it would be a clear violation.

I'll take the Flash #137 and the Fantastic Four #9 and #13, depending on price and condition.

I looked at 15 books and only two had prices and conditions listed, so it is hard to give a firm agreement to purchase, until those things are adjusted. Thanks.

Hell, depending on price and condition, I'll take them all.

I think links in sigs should be banned as well - but hey I'm an anarchist. ;)

Don't anarchists usually have an "anything goes" attitude?

If not, I say we ban the anarchists!

Anarchists! Organize!

Hence, "Anarchy Rules!" :grin:

Anarchists! Organize!

Im in!!!!

Dont start the revolution with out me!!!!

Sorry to hear that, These are in Canada so the echange rate wouldn't effect you.

(shrug) Did your mother repeatedly drop you as a child?

I don't get it? I am assuming you were referring to the US exchange rate with the Canadian dollar. Since both parties are in Canada you would be able to use Canadian currency.

But the prices are still in USD. :makepoint:

Now that the bludgeoning is over and a good point has been made out of it surely we have enough Canadian members to have some sales here between Canadian members that cuts the exchange rate gouge out

Maybe just one thread one night with multiple sellers in it selling to Canadians buyers to save us all some money in this time of crappy exchange rate. hm

Sorry to hear that, These are in Canada so the echange rate wouldn't effect you.

I don't get it? I am assuming you were referring to the US exchange rate with the Canadian dollar. Since both parties are in Canada you would be able to use Canadian currency.

Now that the bludgeoning is over and a good point has been made out of it surely we have enough Canadian members to have some sales here between Canadian members that cuts the exchange rate gouge out

Maybe just one thread one night with multiple sellers in it selling to Canadians buyers to save us all some money in this time of crappy exchange rate. hm

:roflmao:

:acclaim: