• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Does any body think that its worth while to save up those "coming soon" or "watch

for" postcards most lcs have by the register?I have been for ever ,and will keep doing so,but should I bother grabbing a few extra?

porcer

this is the original question

Ah, I see, at first it was ANY sales thread (until you were caught), now it's just ACTIVE ones, tell me how long between posts we should wait? If the guy gets up and goes to the bathroom and it takes more that 2 mins, is that long enough? Do we have to wait for search parties to be formed?

Please tell us, as you seem to be making these rules up as you go along...god have mercy on anyone that plays monopoly with you.

Ah, I see, at first it was ANY sales thread (until you were caught), now it's just ACTIVE ones, tell me how long between posts we should wait? If the guy gets up and goes to the bathroom and it takes more that 2 mins, is that long enough? Do we have to wait for search parties to be formed?

Please tell us, as you seem to be making these rules up as you go along...god have mercy on anyone that plays monopoly with you.

:popcorn:

Ah, I see, at first it was ANY sales thread (until you were caught), now it's just ACTIVE ones

lol, yeah, you really caught me Sherlock. :roflmao::roflmao:

I've never been shy to state what I dislike about these "active sales thread hijackings" (i.e. people posting gibberish while a seller is trying to post new books), and if you disagree, that's your right. But I've been very consistent in my views, and it's not my problem you have long-term memory issues.

Like I said, if you see a thread where no new books are being posted for what, 18-24 hours maybe, then feel free to post an emoticon. But we ALL know that's not where the foot traffic is, so that's not where the problems are.

Ah, I see, at first it was ANY sales thread (until you were caught), now it's just ACTIVE ones

Like I said, if you see a thread where no new books are being posted for what, 18-24 hours maybe, then feel free to post an emoticon.

Ah, okay, just wanted to know the time span we should wait before posting anything in a thread other than :takeit:

18 to 24 hours, thanks for the clarification (worship)

You do realize that - 01/27/09 10:20 PM Re: A Few Funny Books For Sale [Re: nik] posted a book, and at 01/27/09 10:21 PM you posted something other than :takeit:

I really don't care one way or another, I just think it's funny.

All it takes is a knowledge of the terms ACTIVE and INACTIVE. (thumbs u

Is anyone complaining that greggy posted an emoticon in a thread that has had no new books posted in 24 hours? I'd like to see it.

Well, the rule I was always told was, "If you shake it any more than three times . . . you're playin' with it." lol

Like I said, if you see a thread where no new books are being posted for what, 18-24 hours maybe, then feel free to post an emoticon.

Ah, okay, just wanted to know the time span we should wait before posting anything in a thread other than :takeit:

18 to 24 hours, thanks for the clarification (worship)

You do realize that - 01/27/09 10:20 PM Re: A Few Funny Books For Sale [Re: nik] posted a book, and at 01/27/09 10:21 PM you posted something other than :takeit:

I really don't care one way or another, I just think it's funny.

i can't tell for the life of me whether you're just picking on joe or not - i suspect so - but i'd like to just chime in and say one or two instances of threadcrapping is a far cry from the sort of thing he's complaining about.

not that i necessarily agree with him, mind

i can't tell for the life of me whether you're just picking on joe or not - i suspect so - but i'd like to just chime in and say one or two instances of threadcrapping is a far cry from the sort of thing he's complaining about.

Nah, I was bored, figured I would rattle his cage and see what flew out... lol

I don't agree or disagree with him, and I understand what he is trying to say, even if he comes across as some kinda self appointed forum cop, with no understanding of hypocrisy.

However, I do believe this is a Message board, not an auction site, and if you want a sterile buying and selling environment, then stick with Ebay, Clink or Heritage, no one there will congratulate you for a good buy, or post anything unwanted to your sale. Matter of fact, other than the other bidders and the seller, no one will give a rat's arse.

I just think there are more important things in life than worrying about extra stuff being posted in threads, yes let people post the books, but don't try to make it so others are afraid to post a comment, or icon.

Life is way to short to be bickering back and forth about how many little animations or needless posts someone may have posted.

rantrant over, go back to fighting amongst yourselves.

I don't agree or disagree with him, and I understand what he is trying to say, even if he comes across as some kinda self appointed forum cop, with no understanding of hypocrisy.

However, I do believe this is a Message board, not an auction site, and if you want a sterile buying and selling environment, then stick with Ebay, Clink or Heritage, no one there will congratulate you for a good buy, or post anything unwanted to your sale. Matter of fact, other than the other bidders and the seller, no one will give a rat's arse.

I just think there are more important things in life than worrying about extra stuff being posted in threads, yes let people post the books, but don't try to make it so others are afraid to post a comment, or icon.

Life is way to short to be bickering back and forth about how many little animations or needless posts someone may have posted.

Nope, not too short at all. Bicker away.

:cry: No don't let it end this is a great show...... :cry:

Edited by dwip99

:applause::applause:

Hey folks, the best I've ever found for mailing posters is PVC pipe. You can buy 3" schedule 30 (A thinner wall than the regular stuff) in ten foot lengths for about 5 or 6 bucks. Shop at your local plumbing store or Big Box (Home Depot, etc)

You should be able to cut at least three mailers out of a length, all you need is a hacksaw or regular handsaw, make up some nice caps or plugs out of random bits of cardboard, tape it up and you have something that can't be bent without hydraulics, is completely waterproof, bugproof postofficeproof for about the same price or less than the cardboard mailers. This stuff rocks for posters.

Hey folks, the best I've ever found for mailing posters is PVC pipe. You can buy 3" schedule 30 (A thinner wall than the regular stuff) in ten foot lengths for about 5 or 6 bucks. Shop at your local plumbing store or Big Box (Home Depot, etc)

You should be able to cut at least three mailers out of a length, all you need is a hacksaw or regular handsaw, make up some nice caps or plugs out of random bits of cardboard, tape it up and you have something that can't be bent without hydraulics, is completely waterproof, bugproof postofficeproof for about the same price or less than the cardboard mailers. This stuff rocks for posters.

Way to go McGyver. Nice tip. (thumbs u

Way to go McGyver. Nice tip. (thumbs u

Now that is a way f*@&ing :signfunny:

Whats up with the new sellers and one book per sales thread? And there is always one on the front page getting the rules posted in their thread, yet they just dont read the forum rules.. :P
they will either get the hang of it or slide down the front page until they do