• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the contact info for joker-fish ? I ordered some books from him three weeks ago, and haven't gotten them. He also hasn't posted here since two days after the sale, and the PM's I've sent are unread.

Good luck with that Beau. :wishluck:

uh-oh, not again . . . hm
exactly what i was thinking, i had an expensive order with him recently with no problems at all :wishluck: beau

I've already gotten a PM from someone else who purchased from the same thread, they haven't gotten their books yet either. Any chance you still have JF's contact info, Green?

Does anyone know the contact info for joker-fish ? I ordered some books from him three weeks ago, and haven't gotten them. He also hasn't posted here since two days after the sale, and the PM's I've sent are unread.

exactly what i was thinking, i had an expensive order with him recently with no problems at all :wishluck: beau

I've already gotten a PM from someone else who purchased from the same thread, they haven't gotten their books yet either. Any chance you still have JF's contact info, Green?

Not again indeed. Hopefully this is a false alarm and joker-fish was run over by a truck or had his hands chopped off in a horrible protein shake blender gone mad accident. Good luck Bea. Your prize for the bakeoff is on its way, hopefully you enjoy it.

This is why you should solely buy from me, dude... :baiting:

I would, if you had every book I wanted. Maybe this is a sign you should open a comic shop!

I would, if you had every book I wanted. Maybe this is a sign you should open a comic shop!

hm

Believe me, I've thought about it. There are a couple of places in Newnan that I look at and think, "That would be an awesome place for a comic shop." There's only one LCS here, but I'm not sure if the business is there locally to justify a second comic store in the area. :shrug:

Make that three...but I'm not going to worry until the 30-day point...

Jim

Make that three...but I'm not going to worry until the 30-day point...

Jim

Actually, you make four, I've gotten another PM from someone else regarding that sales thread. I'm not going to make a real issue of it until the thirty day point either, which is why my posts are here instead of the probation thread.

HERE'S the thread I'm referring to, if anyone has received books bought in this thread, please chime in. Just wondering if all sales are no-shows, or if he's shipping to a select few, like Comicsupply does. My purchases weren't big, but still well over $100. The TMNT #2 was to be a gift for someone's birthday, which went down last week. Good thing I asked for (and paid for) priority shipping with extra bubble wrap!

Beau, I PMed you his email address. Anyone else who wants it can PM me or Beau. I don't have any more info on joker-fish, though. I may be considering myself lucky that he made good on my transaction in December. I know he was on the probation list before, but he made amends to get off it last fall. He seemed to be on the up and up from that point on.

Beau, I PMed you his email address. Anyone else who wants it can PM me or Beau. I don't have any more info on joker-fish, though. I may be considering myself lucky that he made good on my transaction in December. I know he was on the probation list before, but he made amends to get off it last fall. He seemed to be on the up and up from that point on.

Just a piece of advice everyone...if he doesn't answer,immediately contact Paypal and since this is not an Ebay transaction, your Credit Card company, now...please don't wait.

I didn't buy from him, but I was one of the people who had the problem with him last year, and his "amends" consisted of an "apology" telling me it was not his fault, because he gave his password to a cousin, who then posted on the board and was the "real" bad guy...

You can ALWAYS withdraw the complaint with your credit card company if you get the books, but at least this way, THEY will contact him...and you won't wind up beyond the deadline...just in case. Sorry you are having problems and :wishluck:

I have a question about this Probation list now. I too have purchased from Joker-Fish and I had watched a couple of his previous sales and there were no complaints so I figured it was all good.

I am digging through the thread now and a handful of people nominated him to be put on the list yet only one person cleared him.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2542740&fpart=306

Shouldn't all the parties involved clear him as well? Why was he even removed? The other question, should there be a list of all troubled sellers/buyers with date added and date removed so that one can make a quick decision before putting up the :takeit: sign. Had I seen his name at one point added to the list I would have not purchased as much. Right now a hit of 100.00 hurts.

I am going to post some links as well to save sometime for everyone.

These are all the sellers that complained about uncompleted transactions with Joker-Fish: ft88, skypinkblu, mikeyriffhard, Anfield Fox

FT88 Initial Complaint

skypinkblu Complaint

Mike and AF complaint

Officially added to list

Removed from list by only one member, Anfield Fox

Again, Anfield Fox was not even the first one to complain so why was he so quickly removed from the list? I think the list should be cumulative and once on you should be forever on with a notation about being removed.

These are all the sellers that complained about uncompleted transactions with Joker-Fish: ft88, skypinkblu, mikeyriffhard, Anfield Fox

FT88 Initial Complaint

skypinkblu Complaint

Mike and AF complaint

Officially added to list

Again, Anfield Fox was not even the first one to complain so why was he so quickly removed from the list? I think the list should be cumulative and once on you should be forever on with a notation about being removed.

You can add me to that list of uncompleted transactions. Not a big book or a large amount, but he never paid for it. (thumbs u

FT88 Initial Complaint

skypinkblu Complaint

Mike and AF complaint

Officially added to list

You can add me to that list of uncompleted transactions. Not a big book or a large amount, but he never paid for it. (thumbs u

I sorry to miss your name in the list, FT. I went through the couple of pages again and found a few others.

Buck Biggins

buttock

BrianR

I don't want to throw the guy under the bus or anything. I had a couple of conversations with him and he seems like a great guy and all. I am hopeful that he will honor the transactions.

I still don't understand why he was removed from the list though. I am not trying to make waves here but if this list is suppose to police the sales forum then all parties involved should have a say in whether or not someone is removed from the list. Secondly, I still believe that anyone with a strike against them should bear that cross for all to see. I just want to know what the board rules are on this.

Add me to the Joker-fish list of people who never recieved their books. It was from the '2500 comics FS' thread. I always check the probation list before I purchase anything, this guy should not have been pulled off the list from the sound of things.

Add me to the Joker-fish list of people who never recieved their books. It was from the '2500 comics FS' thread. I always check the probation list before I purchase anything, this guy should not have been pulled off the list from the sound of things.

I thought he was on the list too and also checked beforehand. When I didn't see his name, I assumed I was wrong so went ahead and dealt with him...

Jim

So this is the thread I was looking for.

I have kept in contact with everyone who has contacted me from my sales thread.

I did have work related delays in shipping the books out which I told everyone who contacted me. Books started going out today, hopefully the rest will go out tommorow. I am not going to start bashing anyone for being concerened, but I surely did not see the need for this to escalate into what it did. I hope everyone enjoys the books, I packed lots of freebies in with the already super cheap books. All of them are being shipped priority,well packed.

I did not even know this thread existed till about an hour ago, thanks to everyone who had my back, and even to those who helped bash me.

So this is the thread I was looking for.

I have kept in contact with everyone who has contacted me from my sales thread.

I contacted you, and paid you in regards to the sales thread. That should have signalled the end of my responsibility, as a buyer. If your shipping was going to be delayed, then you should have contacted me. The last PM I received from you, was that books should be going out the following Wednesday, which was Jan 21, 2009.

I did have work related delays in shipping the books out which I told everyone who contacted me.

I wasn't aware I was supposed to contact sellers to ensure they were fulfilling their end of the deal. If I pay for books in a timely fashion (within 24 hours), I kind of expect they'll ship them in a similarly timely fashion. If they won't be shipping them within the next week, I'd like a heads-up. An example: I ordered a huge lot of TPB's recently, and the seller informed me that he didn't have the book in hand, but that he expected it in his next Diamond shipment. I was fine with that, because he warned me, and didn't go on radio silence for two weeks.

Books started going out today, hopefully the rest will go out tommorow. I am not going to start bashing anyone for being concerened, but I surely did not see the need for this to escalate into what it did.

It hasn't escalated into anything yet; I started the thread here, because honestly, I was worried you might have been in some sort of accident, not posting for so long or reading PM's. I received many PM's from people who bought from that same thread, and I didn't name them or the amounts spent because I didn't want to needlessly trash your rep.

I did not even know this thread existed till about an hour ago, thanks to everyone who had my back, and even to those who helped bash me.

You seemed like a nice guy from the PM's, and when I made the first post I was honestly concerned for your welfare. I was not out to bash you, or impugn your reputation.

That being said, within 24 hours of that post, all books are now being shipped.

hm

Beau, PM sent.

Nothing in that post was directed towards you, sorry if that felt implied.

I certainly do not expect anyone to have to contact me about there books, but the ones who did were kept in the loop as to what was going on.

Long story short for those who have just tuned in, is that as of friday I put in over 200 hours at work in 3 weeks without a single day off. Many of those days were 16 hr shifts, and I was just unable to get to the post office in the little time I had off. Originally the books were supposed to have shipped in mid/late January when I had my wed/ thurs days off, but I worked both of them one of which was a 16 hr shift. The shipping was put off till I was able to get them out for shipping at the comic shop friday night. I dropped them off, and they were going to be picked up this morning ( monday) I woke up today to a concerned email, so I starting bringing them to the post office today, about half out feeling good that I can put their concerns to rest only to come home to 2 threads and a frozen paypal account concerning the issue.

All of the purchased books will be out this week, most of which are going out tommorow, I need 3 more boxes to get the last few out, everything else is either shipped or in my truck waiting to be delivered. I couldnt get everything out today, unfortunately I did not have enough cash to cover it all, but they will go out tommorow.