• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I have a bit of an issue. I point out to a seller that any sales here must be EXCLUSIVE to these forums, and get ignored. I even posted the link of the same exact book on C-Link. Now I have linked the Rules and asked to specifically read number 3. I can see this with NOOBS, but if you have been here for awhile then WTF!

I know who you're talking about. He hasn't bumped the thread since and I don't know if he's been online since your discovery. My recommendation is that if he does it again, bring up the issue before the Probation thread crowd for a vote. Can't have people ignoring the rules (I don't think it's his first time either?)

He bumped after he sold a book via PM. And never acknowledged the link or posts. And no this is not the first time.

I have a bit of an issue. I point out to a seller that any sales here must be EXCLUSIVE to these forums, and get ignored. I even posted the link of the same exact book on C-Link. Now I have linked the Rules and asked to specifically read number 3. I can see this with NOOBS, but if you have been here for awhile then WTF!

I know who you're talking about. He hasn't bumped the thread since and I don't know if he's been online since your discovery. My recommendation is that if he does it again, bring up the issue before the Probation thread crowd for a vote. Can't have people ignoring the rules (I don't think it's his first time either?)

He bumped after he sold a book via PM. And never acknowledged the link or posts. And no this is not the first time.

well.....who is it then!!!!

Then perhaps there should be a poll vote there after all? I've seen a name on the list that was voted on by majority.

Our board detectives are slipping. I found two books for sale here and on CLINK, funny thing one sold on here for more than the Clink asking price and one just sold on CLINK for less than the asking price on here. Some board exclusive sale.

Here is a hint Clink

Board rules state books here can only be sold here no where else. And while anyone can set any price they want why would the books be higher here when you don't have to pay fees than at another site not very cool in my book.

Our board detectives are slipping. I found two books for sale here and on CLINK, funny thing one sold on here for more than the Clink asking price and one just sold on CLINK for less than the asking price on here. Some board exclusive sale.

Some on eBay too :whistle:

Some on eBay too :whistle:

Has anything been said to the seller ?

I didn't say anything. I use to say stuff to the sellers via PM, but this kinda pee'd me off in the sense not only did he offer them elsewhere, but cheaper than they were here. I saw the HOS 92 on clink and thought it might've been a great price for a book that could be a resub candidate. My question is what would've happen if me or someone else bought it off of Clink and he sold it here too. Heck someone not seeing this could pull the trigger on the SS 1 and its already been sold for $125.00 less on Clink.

I didn't say anything. I use to say stuff to the sellers via PM, but this kinda pee'd me off in the sense not only did he offer them elsewhere, but cheaper than they were here. I saw the HOS 92 on clink and thought it might've been a great price for a book that could be a resub candidate. My question is what would've happen if me or someone else bought it off of Clink and he sold it here too. Heck someone not seeing this could pull the trigger on the SS 1 and its already been sold for $125.00 less on Clink.

Well, please let either the seller or us know so this sort of thing doesn't happen. The repeat offenders do need to be held accountable, I thought. Right? (shrug)

I posted the info here rather than his thread when I found out( within about an hour or less actually). I decided not to put it in his thread as not to bump it and in turn knock a legit thread following the rules of the front page

I posted the info here rather than his thread when I found out( within about an hour or less actually). I decided not to put it in his thread as not to bump it and in turn knock a legit thread following the rules of the front page

I understand your rational but as a result of no one saying anything a Board member is now out money they could have saved had they known of the CL sale...or at the very least wouldn't have hit the BIN had they known it was posted elsewhere for less...

Jim

I understand your rational but as a result of no one saying anything a Board member is now out money they could have saved had they known of the CL sale...or at the very least wouldn't have hit the BIN had they known it was posted elsewhere for less...

Jim

I didn't find out until after the sale. I was on Clink first then came on the boards and noticed to same book had been sold here.

If I would've seen the sale sooner I would've spoke up. After I saw the 1st book I checked on the SS 1 and found it was just sold on the other site for less, at that point even though his thread hasn't been updated, the book apparently was no longer available so why bump the thread